Time taken to load very first flight after installation

Hello everyone,

I tried to find answers for my question online but no luck. Today I just purchased MSFS and after I download it. The game does not take too long before I can see the main screen. However when I choose something to fly, it takes forever(at least 30 minutes) to load. At this point I still have not see flight loaded after roughly 5 tries(several hours of wait). How can I solve this problem?

System specs?
Game settings?
Mods?

First time for any game takes longer than those that follow.

My systems specs as follows:
CPU Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU 6800XT
RAM 64GB
SSD 2T NvME

I was using suggested setting which is high. There is no mods installed besides the base game.

Do you have any custom overclocks on any components? If so, try dialing down clock speeds or if theres temperature headroom, increase core voltage.

Also, try disabling the windows 10 antivirus (disable real- time protection, cloud delivered protection, automatic sample submission, and tamper protection)

Also go under App and Browser control-reputation based protection (disable check apps and files, smartscreen for edge, unwanted app blocking, smartscreen for microsoft store apps)

For me the the Microsoft defender is good but I noticed it can slow down the loading time of sim, i disable it before launching.

Also, in control panel go to power options: then click high performance and close that out.

Also then right click desktop and click display settings, go down to power and sleep section: under performance and energy, move slider all the way to best performance.

After this, launch game, and go to graphics settings and disable in game v sync, its been known to increase loading screen time, then afterwards close out game, go to your AMD software and use the v sync options available there instead, after saving/applying them, re-launch the game.

2 Likes

I tried that, it still takes forever. I’m still stuck on the flight loading screen that is I can select the flight and starting location but it does not really load. The progress bar is at the end but nothing is loaded for at least 15 minutes. Also my question here is really how long does it take to load very first flight after the installation it is not about general loading time

What I see since the last 1-2 updates is that when loading , if I have the Dev mode FPS display on, MSFS seems to “appear” to freeze, a few times, for up to 10-20 seconds, during this loading period, and is unresponsive … ie If not full screen, cannot be moved etc.

I never noticed this in earlier version … Is this normal — and does anyone know why it might appear this way. ?

It stuck on that screen for at least 25-30 minutes. Last night I even tried roughly 1 hour

I’ve read through your thread. Two things come to mind…

1. I am not seeing any indication of what controllers you are using?

2. What are your data and voice settings? (please post a screenshot of the DATA setup page)

Certainly should not take that long with those specs. Maybe 1-3 minutes. Have you looked at task manager while it’s loading? Do you see a lot of CPU or disk activity? Also turn off all overclocking, it will make MSFS2020 very unstable. It’s not vey tolerant of overclocking at all.

Following is my data set up page, I turned off the photogrammetry. If I turn off the bing data world graphics it seems to load at low quality

I would just start fresh and test it again to eliminate any possibility of user error.

Do all of the following

• Reset all MSFS tabs and options menus to DEFAULT then close MSFS
  • Reset and repair MSFS under its App Settings
  • Reset your BIOS to defaults (update if needed)
  • Reinstall/update your GPU drivers (clean/defaults)
  • Set the Windows Power Plan to Balanced (recommended)
  • Apply all available Windows updates
  • Apply all available Windows Store updates
  • Remove all USB devices but keyboard and mouse

Then simply try loading into a flight again and report back.

Are you using 3rd-party anti-virus, etc ?

I take it from this comment that you have been able to get past the “FLY” button previously?
I had understood from your post that you just purchased MSFS and this was a new installation that you haven’t got to fly yet.

What brand motherboard do you have?

Alienware OEM X570

I was only able to start the flight right after I turn off the bing data world graphic.

As I described below when I turn off the bing map I can get into the flight without problem. I think the problem here is probably being the BING map

This could be part of your problem too…

What server are you using, Im using the Eastern US server since thats where I live.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.