Time to give some hope back to the PC User?

Ok, what I used to see was better

2 Likes

Maybe you should look on Twitch. There are people who play a sim for the first time and some of them will stick. And some maybe will switch to PC. Nevertheless they are also paying for your Sim and your addons. Nobody develops for a small group for a long time.

Essentially what you are saying is, that the Benchmark should be the guys with the really High End PC’s who could invest 1000 of dollars.
So maybe there will be sliders to adjust the Graphics. Maybe not. It’s your decision to live with, change the Sim or Quit.

Sorry, but if you sell something with certain characteristics and then you just downgrade them where I live is called fraud.

7 Likes

So ASOBO has guaranteed that the textures are sharp up to FL?
Also they have guaranteed that once you are satisfied, nothing will change ever?

Yes Sir, it was all about graphic since day one. The entire SIM promotion was and is about graphic. Don’t forget that we are not speaking of something simply promised but instead of something that was already implemented and available/active till four days ago. I had that graphic for nearly one year, not for a test of a couple of weeks…so yes the deal was different

4 Likes

Idk what you mean, OP. Graphics have never looked better for me.

What LOD settings are you running in the pic?

Giving some hope back to 3rd-party developers would be a great start, let alone us end-users…

They’ve had to endure the same kick-in-the-teeth as we have. Only, they have overheads to meet each time Asobo breaks their work and gives them zero communication of such updates…

2 Likes

My take is that this ‘graphical refactoring’ was done for marketing reasons…

The Xbox Series X is marketed as a premium console - wouldn’t have looked very good if it couldn’t run MSFS on ultra settings. So instead the ultra settings were refactored based on the XSX capabilities.

Having said that, Asobo have already stated that they’re looking into another setting tier for PC - and I’m willing to bet it will be cleverly labelled so as not to create any negative perception of XSX.

PS: No Xbox hate intended, just my view of what we’ve experienced with SU5

As I have said before I think the biggest mistake was launching on PC first. If they had waited a year and launched on both PC and Xbox at the same time us PC guys would not have any “downgrades” to notice. If this had happened I suspect the comments right now would be running along the same lines as they were in August 2020. Most were positive and showed a willingness to give ASOBO time to fix bugs and graphics issues. Hind sight is 20/20

I think a lot of the anger has come from the fact that the devs clearly stated that they had made performance improvements but not at the expense of the graphics during the monthly q and a.

Yet here we are with more fps but a downgrade in the graphics. Hopefully Asobo will fix it in a hotfix or SU5.1.

I think this month’s Q and A should only include Jorg and Seb as the buck stops with them in regards to the decisions regarding this broken update and it would be unfair to thrust the other devs in front of the camera.

I think that an official statement should’ve been made before now as it may have calmed the situation and reduced the amount of hate in the forum.

They should have had that ready for SU5 already. Would have taken away a lot of the negativity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.