Time to stop complaining for SU7

That’s exactly the source of frustration, at least for me it is. Doing flights where everything is fine, until a sim update comes along and it breaks something, and then having to wait months for it to hopefully get fixed for the next update. Rinse and repeat.

Not to mention that some of these bugs, I don’t know how they make it through Q&A, like the assistance options resetting.

That being said, it’s still the best flight simulator I’ve ever played, I just hope it gets better.

2 Likes

:+1: I agree and you are right about everything :wink:

You’re contradicting yourself. If everything was fine before the update, clearly the previous update was okay or hotfixed.

You are not alone, WE would all like an explanation

WE all agree :+1:

1 Like

This is a very simplistic view of all the users. I think the group that’s bigger than both of those is the huge one that sits somewhere between both of those extremes. The one that accepts that software has some bugs and they will get fixed with each update. The one that expects things that were working but now broke to be prioritised in smaller hotfix updates. The one that has an expectation that the software they paid for will continue to operate. The one that likes new features but not at the expense of existing functionality. The one that loves to fly rather than troubleshoot. The one that didn’t expect to pay to participate in a beta test programme.

The reason most reasonable people get passionate about this is because they care very much for it. For very many it’s a hobby and with that it aims to bring relief from busy lives. When that’s disrupted it doesn’t go down well.

7 Likes

Excellently put. I would fit into that group I think.

Overall I prefer the previous update; it just worked better on my system. But on the other hand everything has basically been brought back to factory settings, so I will have to tweak here and there to increase performance and stability. The whole installation process was terrible, it took me nearly three hours of retrying and reading up on solutions in the forum. That shouldn’t be necessary, but then again there are so many different factors at play here. The Microsobo team is very dedicated, but since updates are mandatory we can’t choose our own version, we can’t pull the handbrake when everything works fine and we can’t revert back to the previous update if we dislike its successor.

Cheers, Marc

These 2 :+1: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

wha? do you mean antonov? do he know he is russian?

It’s alright for people to complain that something isn’t working but instead of giving constructive feedback some people have resorted to being downright nasty and abusive towards the devs and that’s totally unacceptable.

I will be the first to say if something isn’t working but I won’t start calling the devs incompetent fools etc as that’s overstepping the mark.

It’s important to remember that Asobo’s initial brief wasn’t to create a flight sim. They were tasked with creating AR views of locations for hololens. It was only then that MS realised the potential of turning it into a flight sim. So for most of the devs it’s been a steep learning curve and they deserve some respect for their time and efforts.

So instead of abusing them every time they release an update lets give them feedback so they can get it right next time.

5 Likes

Agreed, but there are only a certain amount of times you can do that.

1 Like

I really do not agree ( - this is my most polite diplomatic speaking - ) with the poor VR performance I get with my high end machine after SUP7, with all system updates installed and pretty good gear.

Was so much fun to fly before. I do not know how and why MS has screwed things up here. Wish I could roll back or had the option to install only certain updates.

I am convinced MS is not testing sufficiently.

Why on earth is MS unable to simply deliver proper products? I thank god every day not having to work with their stuff professionally. I know it´s complex software …but come on!

I am with MS and flight sims since the very beginning (Sublogic Flight Simulator). After the launch of MSFS I thought that´s the end of Xplane. I was so lucky just enjoying the sim and SIMPLY FLY FLUENTLY. Not sure now any more. MSFS is beaten by other sims in quite a lot of aspects. The only key advantage MSFS has is the visuals and partly the weather engine.

We are back at the beginning, with endless tweaking to get the MS product to work as expected and advertised.

I have stuttering with ground objects and when moving my head with the G2. Tried everything, it must be the new code MS has injected with SUP7.

I think customers can expect to get a product that just works in 2021. It may not have all the features we wish, that is ok - but those implemented have to work.

I am seriously thinking to stop flight simming for quite a long time, and get back when MSFS has hopefully overcome it´s beta status. Because even the best thing on earth is just bad in the end when it delivers more headaches than joy. Really, really annoying.

7 Likes

i see this argument all the time and to me it misses the point completely. some of us don’t care about cost. my p3d experience isn’t even close to being available yet in msfs so cost doesn’t even figure in at all. can’t even make a comparison yet. you’re basically saying “yeah it sucks but its cheaper”

you’re absolutely right, p3d is unusable out of the box… the thing is, thats how it SHOULD be imo. to a lot of us the sim platform is just that. a platform. it shouldn’t to try to do anything other than provide a place for high quality addons to run. for me, it’s nothing more than a scenery generator. a good sim platform to me is one i never have to interact with other than selecting an aircraft and a location. no substandard flight planners, broken weather, AI atc that is joke, garbage AI traffic, etc. etc. necessary AT ALL. all i want is a lean, efficient, unobtrusive and reliable platform. i’m the type of user that would buy “lite” versions of the platform if it were available (p3d kinda has that with the academic version i guess)

i don’t even participate on the p3d forums because there’s really nothing to talk about. i haven’t even seen a p3d menu in probably 9 months… i haven’t had a ctd in a year… i literally don’t interact with the platform at all other than selecting my aircraft every morning. as it should be – just stay out of the way.

1 Like

Closing topic due to numerous flags and removal of posts. For those that are having issues with MSFS, please search in #bugs-and-issues for an existing topic.

Keep all topics and posts constructive.

Constructive/Spam - Code of Conduct

Forum Announcements: Bugs/Issues, Moderation, and Feedback Snapshot - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums