Time to stop the world update until the sim is in a better place

I know different team works on different aspect of the game but every world update has broke more things than it fixed. MSFS is a pretty bad place right now. Even I, an avid supporter of MSFS, has stop flying since the last update as the sim is in a such a bad state right now. Between the multiplayer stutter bug to stutter on approach, it becomes almost impossible to fly without the sim working against you.

Time to make a commitment to quality and stop adding new features until we are back on track.

62 Likes

That wont happen. Adding quality and features is synonymous in large developments.

1 Like

Yeah, I strongly disagree. Your wish goes directly against the community who voted to have this system of world update followed by sim update.

12 Likes

And Asobo set a fine example :laughing:

1 Like

This is exactly the issue. So you guys cares more about scenery than actually aviation. What is the point of having any of the world update if you can’t enjoy any of them. The stutterfest that this sim has becomes makes it impossible to fly at times.

36 Likes

The world updates aren’t really what’s slowing down sim/performance/sdk progression.

Having a large amount of the team adapting/changing/downgrading/testing an Xbox version is what’s slowing progression down.

16 Likes

No we don’t. If we did then we would advocate for NO sim updates.

Also, I haven’t seen any performance issues and many others haven’t. There could be a million reasons for these problems you’re reporting, none of which are MSFS.

9 Likes

With all do respect, we tested and replicated these stutter bugs. It’s not an system issue, it’s a code issue. I understand your point but there is some people that have been around sim for a long time that understand the difference between your PC is at fault and the sim is causing this.

17 Likes

World updates have code/sim updates in them otherwise nothing would have changed.

Adding dozens of hand rendered buildings in France should do nothing to flying in Vermont.

Your saying the cake isnt right so they should stop applying frosting, the frosting didn’t ruin the cake, they changed the cake.

7 Likes

No. The WU Team is outsourced by a big part to Gaya. The team improving the sim, are not the 3d artists, its the guys who do the code, the engine etc.

The WU does not affect the development of the core sim.

9 Likes

They put molded frosting the cake so yeah the whole cake is ruined. They have to make a commitment to quality. Every single update since WU3 has made the game worst. I’ve been testing since the first alpha wave. You would think I know a thing or two about the quality of the sim since it’s emphasy.

5 Likes

Ok now you’re just exaggerating. If you keep that up I will disregard this topic entirely. “Every single update” has not “made the game worst”. Maybe you are unhappy with it but I am not. There are many people who feel the game has been improving steadily.

You don’t have to exaggerate to make a point. Just make your point.

12 Likes

Not sure what you mean exactly

since WU3

3 Likes

I am sure this thread is going to lead somewhere /s

4 Likes

There are a few glitches to be sure, but there are also noticeable improvements.

I’ve “flown” a total of sixteen hours the past two days in the Just Flight Arrow III. Not a single CTD event, frame rates in the mid-fifties, no stutters or freezes
 things are good.

Except for the logbook missing takeoffs and landings of course
 :wink:

2 Likes

I call that the Glitter and gold syndrome. Adding “value” and tech debt without fixing anything because now you can promote “hey, come back to us, we have this now”.

I can tell you there is a lot of people who were willing to live with the shortcoming of MSFS but having to turn off multiplayer so I can fly is a big features of the sim that I have to turn off.

2 Likes

How exactly do you think that stopping world updates can increase the likelihood of non buggy sim updates?

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but I think you settled your own thread. Stopping the ‘scenery guys’ from doing their job isn’t going to equate to better output from the ‘sim guys’.

“OK team, listen up! We’re playing quite poorly in midfield right now, so we’re going to pull the goalkeeper until we’re back on track!”

7 Likes

World Update also messes up some 3rd party mods. People were force to remove things they paid before because the last sim update broke it. Adding new scenery is not without his source of issue. Asobo has build an ecosystem but didn’t let enough time for all the 3rd party dev to adapt. hence breaking things. They need to slow down, fix bugs and once we are back to where we were prior to WU3, they can start adding back scenery.

4 Likes