[TIP] Add a copilot to your aircraft (and passengers too!)

Yeah that was pretty much it!

Some of the cockpit models had some weirdness with them (like I think the two pilot models are somehow linked in the Cadet as I can’t get it to show just one) so had to do it all by hand in VSCode but wasn’t too crazy difficult to do in the end thankfully!

Should make those long flights a bit more immersive and less lonely anyway :smiley:

EDIT: Thinking about the passengers, the nodes contain all the transformation and rotation information, so, with enough trial and error you could align a node to a passenger seat and theoretically get some passengers in the aircraft too.

The only problem I see with this is that you cannot change the model, that is selected by the user in the menu and these new nodes are just clones of those. So whilst you probably could add passengers using this method, they would all be clones of the two pilot models which have been selected by the user.

It is so deceptively simple it makes me wondering why didn’t they add this in all aircraft and just enabling/disabling the copilot based on the W&B sheet… It is the kind of game feature with very little implementation and support workload but enormous wow return.

As for PAX, there is a 3rd one: the instructor… :wink: PILOT_2 maybe?

Or if you only add the 1st officer, you have PILOT_0 and PILOT_2 avail for PAX!

update: didn’t try yet but internal code in Flight Simultor.exe seems to only deal with pilot/copilot pair. This means we can most likely only have 2 characters but we can probably repurpose the pilot into a pax for visuals only!

1 Like

Yeah it was deceptively simple, I was surprised they hadn’t done it either. I guess they thought if it came as part of the base package it would need to be much more polished. Like animations for the rudder pedals and yoke or something, it’s the only explanation I can think of. That or they thought they’d need to spend time making higher quality models, although I think they look just fine as is, even close up.

Hmmm, yeah I didn’t think about the instructor, would be a great solution, shame it seems it might not work though :frowning:

Although you are definitely right, if you run without the Pilot model, as I expect most people would, it frees up a model for a passenger. Perhaps in some planes with club seating (like the Bonanza or TBM) you could sit a clone or two facing away from the cockpit and it wouldn’t be too obvious!

Would love to see if it could work, even a couple passengers in the TBM for example would make a huge difference, could role-play taking family and friends to different places, great fun :smiley:

Let me know if you have any luck, and of course, feel free to use any of the files from the above mod if it helps in any way with passengers!

1 Like

I’ve updated my post above with more details about the “translation” values.

Example with the CJ4: :slight_smile:

"translation":[-0.45,0.68,0.18]

1 Like

thanks but where should we put these elements ?

here ?

just replace ?

not good, when i copy these 3 files for the TBM, it just disappear from the list of available aircrafts in MSFS
i can get it back when i copy the backup files.

maybe because i have the Breitling livery on it ?

The same thing happened to me

@BravoMike472413 @LUCFLA Why playing with matches? A community folder mod, like the name implies, is a mod which is contained in a folder you’d copy into the FS2020 Community folder. It is not a bunch of files you manually pick and replace originals with… There are plenty of posts here and elsewhere explaining what is a community mod. You might want to search and get this information prior trying these?

ok got it thanks!

Hmm ok thks
Maybe not for me :slight_smile:

It worked thanks!

1 Like

TBM930 here

1 Like

okkk, got it…
my search for what is a community mod didn’t gave any understandable result for me :slight_smile:
but… after reading again carefully your answer, i finally got it…
and copied all files to my community folder which gives the right result.
copilot is there now, thanks :slight_smile:

but… gpu 100%… so need to work again on optimisation… never ending job with this MSFS …

1 Like

What an awesome mod. Thanks so much for doing it. I love the idea of having passengers too if thats doable.

Its much more immersive having legs and a body but its a shame the head of the pilot avatar gets in the way if you look around too much. I wonder if someone with Blender skills could knock a headless pilot avatar to use and some passenger avatars too.

Its nice having some company in the cockpit anyway. Its a bit of a lonely experience flying otherwise.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

but even with the pilot, if u move a bit forward, then u don’t see the glasses or head of the pilot

and u can take a nap quietly, copilot is managing !

1 Like

Created mod pack for all standard edition aircraft. Except A320neo. Copilot added for FBW A32NX Stable release.

1 Like

Thks but any differences with the ones published above ?
Passengers maybe ?

You have only two pilots. You cant duplicate if i correct understand @CptLucky8

Wow. Congrats guys, much appreciated. Tested with the mod on Nexus with the King air this morning and it works!
May I ask if a mod for the 78X would be possible ? Would be great to have a friend on the long Atlantic crossover.

Only with decoded files. I dont know it’s legal or not