Tips for fixing the stuck-on-the-last-loading-screen problem?

Results of small to large Australian airport. Flight loaded; flight completed. Once logbook showed up after flight, refused to get back to main menu with slow status bar never completing.

Next, took your advice and uninstalled all Australian Points of Interest (over 3GB). Now flight loaded quickly from Perth. Thanks. Will be doing additional testing for Australia and also, since the new world update also di things for the previous world updates, I have a feeling there are some other larger airports elsewhere in the world that will have this problem. Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

I have the same problem, however nothing I’ve tried has worked. I’ve reinstalled completely twice now, cleared my community folder ages ago, turned off bing data, deleted rolling cache, disabled rolling cache, reset all my settings to default, unplugged new peripherals, turned off live weather and online traffic, tried different locations and aircraft, literally everything I could think of. One time I managed to load into the flight and saw the cockpit, however terrain hadn’t even fully loaded when the sim froze again. Other than that time the loading bar always reaches about 3/4 of the way and then the sim freezes and I have to close it in task manager. If there’s anything worth trying please let me know.

Check your C:\ drive:

^ This guy was stuck on the first loading screen and wouldn’t load any further. He later found out the cause was he ran out of space on C:\. You might have installed the simulator to a different drive but it still might be writing files to C:\ in these locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_[Your Version Number]_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
C:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_[Your Version Number]_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\WpSystem\S-1-5-3876622tet-771027889-3555349395-1001\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Important: Windows 10 by default hides the “AppData” folder, so you will have to go to “View” in the menu of File Explorer, and select “Hidden items” so as to see it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, however I’ve always had msfs installed on my C drive which currently still has around 170GB free, so I guess that’s not it either.

Try disabling your AV and try again.

If that doesn’t work make sure you have at least 148.23GB free just for the MSFS install + 44.82GB free if you are going to install all of the WUs + extra GB free for the rolling cache file unless you switch it off. If you need to free up space DON’T DELETE ANY MSFS files.

If you have enough free space try this:
Navigate to the parent folder for each of these folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_[Your Version Number]_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
C:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_[Your Version Number]_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
C:\WpSystem\S-1-5-3876622tet-771027889-3555349395-1001\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
and rename the folder I listed e.g. navigate to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
and rename:
MicrosoftFlightSimulator
to:
0MicrosoftFlightSimulator
^ You won’t find all the folders as I have listed the locations for both Microsoft Store and Steam versions of MSFS.

Important: Rename!! DO NOT DELETE!!!

Important: Windows 10 by default hides the “AppData” folder, so you will have to go to “View” in the menu of File Explorer, and select “Hidden items” so as to see it.

Important: If you use the Microsoft Store version of MSFS try the tips in this thread to gain access to the MSFS folders: We need a way to access the MSFS files and folders. When you are editing the permissions of the MSFS folders don’t forget to also edit the permissions of the parent folder of MSFS e.g. edit the permissions for both:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

After renaming all the folders do a search in File Explorer starting at C:\ for each of these search terms:
FlightSimulator
FlightDashboard
Flight Simulator
and see if any other directories come up which I haven’t mentioned. Rename them as well and please report their location so that others can find them quickly.

After that now you can reinstall MSFS. If there is something wrong with your HDD renaming these folders will force your HDD to write the files to a new location on your HDD.

WU 7 does not show up in content
I have not seen anyone else having this problem yet. The update went well and completed with the new startup image and all. Updated he content updates after starting the sim. But in the content, only WU6 is the last one showing up! Started the computer twice and FS twice as well. NO change
ANY suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

I wish they kept everything consistent. But well, we are all learning!!
Thanks for your help. Trying it now.