Tips for IFR test in IFR NAVIGATION Training

Anyone finished this mission now?
It just asks me to keep 5000 ft and 110 kt in the beginning, then no instructions after that.

Is that still a bug?

Hi @SeeEmi1yP1ay
I did a quick hop in that flight and didn’t have any issues getting the follow-on directions for the next couple of events.
Part of the initial instructions were to maintain the GPS course as well as altitude and speed. You might double check if you were on course as well at on speed/altitude.
The transition to the next event came pretty quickly after holding course/alt/speed for a short period for the initial directions.
So it appears to be working (unmodded MS store/PC version).
Regards

Hi @Habu2u2 , glad to hear you can play it without issues.

Here’s my gameplay video for that stage. I cannot complete the altitude and speed even I meet the requirement. And of course cannot trigger the next instruction for the mission.

To be honest, I cannot understand which direction I should go with 5000 ft and 110 kt. Can you let me know if there’s anything I missed out?

You need to follow the purple GPS heading - around 180 degrees, it looks like. For most of the video, you were flying 140 degrees.

2 Likes

Thanks @ArterialComet22 , I will give it a try, :heart_eyes:

@Habu2u2 @ArterialComet22
I kept following the purple GPS heading for 13 mins. Still didn’t trigger no any next instructions.
Can you provide the specific instruction to me? :pray::pray::pray:

You are flying in opposite direction, look at the arrow head on the purple needle.

Well, @anon50268670 unfortunately it still doesn’t work at all. Just took another video for you about heading the purple arrow head for 14 mins according to your instruction.

@Habu2u2 @ArterialComet22 I’ll appreciate it if any experts would share the gameplay video for this mission.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

The distance to the next waypoint is showing 3600NM, most likely either you’re using Navigraph and need to re-install the database, or it’s the UTF-8 bug.

Open system settings > time & language > region.
Scroll down and click > additional data, time & regional settings.
In new window click Region > administrative tab > change system locale.
There will a box for “Beta: Use unicode UTF - 8 …”
If it’s checked, uncheck it.
If it’s unchecked, check it.

That should sort the issue out.

Nice brushing me off as not an “expert” though :joy:.

But yeah something is wrong, I can’t even find those two waypoints displayed (TUSUG and ATLUG), there is no magenta track on the map but the EHSI is centered, it should show a cross instead. Does it work better if you install the NXi?

@anon50268670, I think I need a new eyeglass prescription (lol). I missed that the GPS was pointing north, not south!

@Raynen You really made my day. lol. I’m so glad it works! Just complete the mission in 1 sec. :crazy_face: @Habu2u2 @anon50268670 @ArterialComet22 Thank you all for the support. I wanna share my grade A list to you with my pleasure. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why don’t you download the free G1000 NXi from the marketplace?

To be honest, I have no idea for G1000 NXi. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Prefer old school first then upgrade, maybe? If I installed it, it will show it in mission directly?

There are so many bugs and missing functionality in the default G1000, the NXi is much better.

1 Like

@SeeEmi1yP1ay, first, congratulations on your training! Well done!

The Working Title Garmin G1000 Nxi is the replacement for the current G1000. It has MANY more features, but also works in the same way.

You can find and download it by clicking on Profile, then click on Content Manager. It should show up in “Updates Available”.

1 Like

No it doesn’t, you first need to “buy” (its free) from the market place before it will show up in your content manager.

1 Like

Okay, it’s time to move on! Welcome Garmin G10000 NXi ! @anon50268670 @ArterialComet22 See you in the sky : )

1 Like