Tobii Eye tracker 5 - Some sensitivity settings not saving

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version? Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: Tobii - some settings not saving

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Change ‘Head tracking sensitivity: position’ to any value other than 0, save settings. Shut down sim, restart sim. Setting will be reset to 0.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Additional; it’s weird, some settings (like eye vs. head tracking ration) are saved, but the ‘head tracking sensitivity roll’ and ‘head tracking sensitivity: position’ do not save.

Yes, I can confirm there is an issue when the value are saved: I saw that the some values are saved but they are missing the value after the decimal point (stored as integer):

I did some tests with “head tracking sensitivity pitch/yaw”: Set this value to 1.45 for example, save, exit the sim, start the sim again => “head tracking sensitivity pitch/yaw” is now 1.00. Set it to 2.30 for example, save, exit the sim, start the sim, => value is now 2.00

3 Likes

Ouch, I don’t think they’ll fix this for SU8, it’s not listed in SU8 Mid-Beta Update :grimacing:

ping @Jummivana : you are our onlyyyyy hope :pray:please send this to dev team, that’s something easy to fix.

Here are some cookies, this may attract devs

🍪 🍪🍪
  🍪
1 Like

It might not make it into the imminent beta update but, come on guys, this is a simple fix and can surely make it into the final SU8 release if not before? And while you’re at it, FTLOG please fix the frankly amateurish GUI issues with the ATC config page on the World Map - the callsign still capitalises every time and removes spaces, and the reg number still appears on the tail even when you ask it not to. This has been like this for months now.

please keep it to 1 issue per topic, and in the correct category.

Same here. After sim restart sensitivity settings for some sliders are back to 0. “Position” and “Pitch/Yaw” for me if I remember it correctly.

I am experiencing the same problem. Settings such as position, roll, yaw sensitivity are not getting saved. Tried deleting profiles, making new ones, duplicating, nothing works. Is there any other general issue that prevents settings to get saved ? Haven’t modified anything in config files.

Right now it seems that it only saves some sensitivity settings rounding down to the integer (so if you set it to 0.90 it’ll save 0.00, and if you set it to 1.10, it’ll save 1.00.
I found this to be the case for position and pitch/yaw.

1 Like

I can confirm that. 0.95 for pitch/yaw never got saved, but setting it to 1.00 worked.

1 Like

I have the MS Store version.

I just discovered that the “REACTIVITY” setting does not get saved when saving the sensitivity settings for my Logitech yoke. Regardless of what I set it to, the sim always resets it to 100% on every restart.

All the other settings seem to save as expected.

(I just realized that I possibly placed this post in the wrong thread. If the moderator could move it where it belongs, I’d appreciate it.)

Issue fixed in the 1.25.7.0 version of the sim