Tobii Eye Tracker 5 stop working after AFK

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Using the Tobii Eye trackers for weeks now, works well a the start of the flight
but if i am away of the screen for a short time (like 10mn) it works not anymore, even if i open the camera toolbar and enable Eye tracker.
I already tried differents USB ports, contacted Tobii support, unchecked the"'pc allow this usb to sleep", tried without any usb device plugged & with SU15 and without SU15.
Drivers & Windows are up do date.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Launch a flight with the eye tracker working
do something else away of the tracker and come back

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I can definitely walk away from the sim and return to find Tobii still active and working as expected.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi Frytman8546,

Are you using the extension cable that came with it, by any chance? If so, try removing it and plugging the captive cable attached to the tracker directly into the back of your pc. That might resolve the issue - it did for me.

Also to note - it doesn’t appear to make any difference whether the tracker is plugged into a USB3 or USB2 (as specified in the instructions) socket.

Hi there,

Thank you for your report! The purpose of the Bug Reporting Hub category is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator. If you are having issues with a 3rd party product, please be sure to file a bug report via the developer’s preferred support method.

Moved your thread to User Support Hub Hardware & Peripherals .

Hi,

I tried too with both the extension and without, and the issue is still here.
Today, i tried with a wired mouse, in remplacment of my Logitech 502 Lightspeed, and curiously i was able to use the track ir after 30mn away from the screen…
I didnt know that a wireless mouse can conflict with the tobii.
I will check in the future if the issue persists with a wired mouse

2 Likes

One thing that I have noticed is that Tobii might want a bit of power. I was having a few minor issues and changed the Tobii lead into a better quality powered USB hub (I use three) with fewer items plugged into it and there was a great amd immediate improvement. Havent looked back since.

1 Like

Hello,

I have solved it,
the problem was my mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed who was in sleepy mode after a bit of AFK, when the mouse wake up, it make the tobii tracker to crash
i solved it by using wired when using MSFS
Looks a bit weid but here is the solution
It also works with a wireless mouse who haven’t sleep mode, like the Mx Master 3…

If anyone has the same issue here is a possible solution…