Tobii Eye Tracker not detected when sim starts-up on monitor that was not set up to use it

Release Note Line Item # and Description:
[102] Tobii Eye Tracker 5 should no longer stop working when changing windows 1](Tobii Eye Tracker 5 stops working when changing windows)

Is it fixed as stated?
Yes
[X ] No
Partial

If no or partial, please give details below on your findings: During launch (splash screen), I moved the window to another monitor and put it into full screen mode. Tobii was not detected as a peripheral.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this release note item, Click on the button below to use this template:

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Hi @RichardNI ,

Wanted to check in on the repro steps here. In the Tobi Experience app, users need to set up the device to a specific monitor. Is the window that you moved to another monitor set up for Tobii? I think this would happen by design, but if you move the window back to the designated monitor the Tobii eyetracker would work again.

However if there is a different repro step here feel free to let us know so we can continue to look into it. Thanks!

1 Like

Morning,

I have two monitors and an LG OLED TV that I use for FS2020. If the game launches on one of the monitors, I move it across to the TV, which is the configured device within Tobii Experience. If FS2020 happens to launch on the TV, it’s automatically detected without issue.

(Edit - The same behaviour is seen with HDR, so that’s possibly why I was the only person on the that thread experiencing issues).

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @RichardNI,

If I’m understanding correctly, your TV monitor is the one configured with Tobii, and is is properly detected when launched on that monitor, but if it launched on another monitor and you move it to the correct one (your TV), it does not detect Tobii?

1 Like

Yep, that’s correct :+1:t2:

Awesome, thank you! Our team got a repro and it will be entered as a bug. Appreciate your help!

1 Like

Fixed in SU12: Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [1.31.22.0] Available Now