Today's Q and A about the new Scenery Gateway

Very very disappointing. Took over an hour of watching the Q and A to finally get to something interesting and when Jayne asked about the Gateway tool and what could be expected of it and things we could do all they talked about was it was ready for release but the rules committee came in and they need to create access and compliance rules. What about what we the community will be able to accomplish with using the tool as far as editing airports/scenery? Will it be like ADE but just in a MSFS format? Limitations? Nope, just information that doesn’t mean anything. Didn’t even pertain to the questions even asked.

3 Likes

That info would’ve been especially helpful after the SDK developers insisted several times in November 2022 that this tool was very limited and only for “airport logic,” moments after playing a video that gave a very different impression.

From the info I’ve seen and read from the past previous months it looks like the tool should allow for people to interface within MSFS to change airports and then submit those changes for review and then those changes would be optional to download into your game and update your airports. We know the tool has been delayed for release but as to why they spent the time talking about needing to create rules for being able to access the tool on the website/API side of things and not what the tool can actually do is annoying.

1 Like

The most in-depth discussion I’ve seen on this starts at 36:30 or so in this stream in case you haven’t seen it: SDK Q&A Twitch Series: November 23, 2022 - YouTube

1 Like

Maybe they just do not have the information off the top of their head or did not want to go in depth in the Q&A that will take up too much time. I will say they could have said a simple we will have all that information in the following days in the SDK page or something like that, where most of your questions will be answered.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.