Tokyo Enhanced add-on released by SamScene3D if you didn't get enough Japan

When Microsoft announced the Japan world update, I can imagine these folks were bummed, but they managed to release a nice little package at a very reasonable price ($5.95) that actually enhances the world update further.

Among many other things, it includes a much, much better Tokyo Tower, enhanced Shinjuku, Shibuya, Odaiba (with the right up-to-date Gundam instead of the outdated version in Asobo’s photogrammetry), and more missing buildings that were built since the photogrammetry asobo used was taken back in 2014.

It also adds landmarks to Ikebukuro, which is entirely missing because the photogrammetry stops just short of it.

On my system, framerate doesn’t take a significant hit (down a couple FPS).

All in all, for the price, I give it a thumbs up.

Incidentally, they also just released Shanghai, a bit more pricey, but sorely needed because default Shanghai is pretty drab.

4 Likes

Lovely! but I can’t just fly right now… I have to wait another month for a patch.

1 Like

This is actually a good thing, as the Tokyo photogrammetry isn’t all the 23ku of Tokyo, I couldn’t believe Ikebukuro was missing (and Nakano too!) Adding the night lighting to the Skytree and other enhancements, at this price is great.

2 Likes

So this is meant to work ON TOP of the Japan update?

yep. Works perfectly in addition to it. Desn’t replace anything good.

1 Like

Cool. Hopefully these make it to Marketplace. For now I am sticking with official releases only.

Can someone tell me if this developer is specialized in Asian scenery?

I have little hope of MSFS improving other less open Asian countries so I need to keep an eye on 3rd party ones

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NEWS] Patch Version 1.9.3.0 Update Discussion

Ignoring the off topics from people who can’t avoid hunting for threads to complain about completely unrelated things…

This is what they’ve done for previous simulators.

They aren’t specialized in asia per see, but they did make several Asian cities, like Osaka, Seoul, Singapore, and New Delhi.

They just updated it with some spiffy things.

Now finally the skyline in Shinjuku is complete with the skyscrapers that Asobo had forgotten.

The Godzilla statue on the top of Toho Cinema in Kabukicho

And they even added the new 1:1 Gundam statue in Yokohama that’s opening in December. It animates like the real thing. I didn’t even know you could animate scenery :joy:

1 Like

This really looks nice! :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Agreed. I think we’ll be waiting an eternity for significant world updates to, say India, Africa or SE Asia. Yes, I know we got Japan first. It’s annoying.

Asian airports are not yet a thing in the Marketplace, either. Absolutely baffling.

The freeware community is doing quite a good job on scenery from Asia. Someone even added landmarks to Pyongyang. :joy:

https://flightsim.to/by-country/

It isn’t as many as the west, but there’s plenty of good ones if you search by country, and more coming.

Personally, I like to focus on Asia, because I play late at night and this means finding actual traffic in the air as opposed to Europe. Have to say MSFS is getting a lot more Asian scenery earlier compared to previous flight sims, which is pleasing.

1 Like

And someone just released Matsumoto Castle today.

It’s one of my favorite, so I’m a happy man. Castles have been my main pet peeve with the Japanese scenery because autogen really doesn’t do a good job with them.

2 Likes

its amazing scenery!

2 Likes