Toncontín (MHTG), Tegucigalpa, Honduras: Building in front of runway 20

So I was taking off of Toncontin airport with bad weather and as you can see if you zoom in in this picture there is a ■■■■ giant skycraper just at the end of the runway lol

When I took off the weather was even worse so I barely made it, the landing gear of my a320 actually touched the roof of the building.

I should have recorded it, quite scary man, take care if you take off from it.

On a positive note, this is real weather, it seems to have improved in this patch

2 Likes

I had that skyscraper too and after downloading the last patch, it went away.

Well that is a remarkable finding since they didn’t change anything about weather in the patch.

Sometimes they do change little things without saying. I had never had rain and thick clouds before over Mexico or Spain, now I do.

I am using the latest patch, but it is still there for me

Go to your Content Manager and update Japan Buildings and Japan Points of Interest. That will update the file that affects building height.

1 Like

Oh awesome I will try that, thanks!

One of must challenged approach … Wrong mapping of Naid. and a building in front of Runway 02.
Please fix this. Approach in autopilot goes in wrong direction.

Report it to Zendesk (‘Support’ link in the top bar).

Don’t rely on PAPI lights when landing there :wink:

Brief description of the issue:
The height of this house in such a place is insane (in reality it’s much smaller according to aerials).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
(taken at runway end in VR but you should get the picture)

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
go there

Hi @Siohttam,

Make sure you also report this via Zendesk as that is the official way of reporting bugs:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This appears to be fixed, so I am marking this resolved. Please contact me if you believe this bug is still happening.