Tons of new airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator announced by Gaya

Today Gaya had its roadmap showcase, and they announced a ton of new airports to be released between the end of this year and the next.

• LOIJ Sankt Johann Airport (Austria)
  • ENCN Kristiansand Airport (Norway)
  • LSZH Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
  • LSZA Lugano Airport (Switzerland)
  • EEDM Munich Airport (Germany)
  • EGSS London Stansted (UK)
  • SBRJ Rio De Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport (Brazil)
  • KBID Block Island State Airport (US)
  • Greek Airports (Three packages, 9 airports in total)

Also, Vienna is getting an update.

Not so sure I’m so eager to fly to Stansted again. Not having to fly there is the only positive side of this pandemic :joy:

6 Likes

Personally I’m so happy they’re doing Stansted, one of my local airports where I often go and do some photography. I like to fly flights that I’ve photographed recently (just finished flying Stansted to Izmir from one of my most recent trips) so start and finish lots of flights there.

3 Likes

Haha, that was partly a joke. I usually fly there often for work (when the world is not in a global pandemic), and I hate taking a cheap flight and then having to pay more than the flight itself for a 50 minutes train to downtown London :joy:

3 Likes

Now on the transport to and from the airport you definitely have agreement!

2 Likes

All these paid add-on airports are being churned out like a car race.
All the hype with this game was very heavily weighted to the scenery.
Haven’t purchased any add-on airports and don’t plan on it. Don’t really understand the need for them. Unless you have a home airport you fly in and out of all of the tome it seems like a waste of money.
I’m sitting on my cash until the base product (MSFS2020) is way more stable.
Right now many of the aircraft have so many issues money will be better spent when a developer releases an aircraft that operates closer to the real thing.

9 Likes

You’re free to do so.

I enjoy airports, so I’ll buy those I care for.

I also enjoy supporting hard-working developers who create content I enjoy, and I don’t feel the need to call their work “a waste of money.”

It certainly isn’t a waste of MY money.

5 Likes

Still no KGSO… :cry:

No London Southend? London Southend is south east of Stansted north east of the Thames at thr mouth of the estuary. Lots of flights going in and out of there to Europe. Excellent little airport for short medium or long haul transatlantic flights too. They even have a jet centre. I used to fuel there before lockdown.

Need KSLC real bad

Totally agree. I’d definitely buy my home airport so it’s more realistic, but I’m also still looking for more aircraft more than anything, especially a Cherokee.

I have sat at that cafe, on those benches at LOIJ St. Johann several times, it looks pretty good from that trailer. Although the umbrellas are not Heineken branded! :slight_smile:

So glad to Austria being well developed in this sim.

LOL KBID Block Island. What an eclectic first choice for the US and the NorthEast for that matter.

Don’t get me wrong, KBID is my home “sim” field, because it’s flat and low polygon count. I did a LOT of circuits and bumps here in the Aerobat between Patch 2 & 3 getting myself up to speed with MSFS between models, frame rates, settings and everything else.

But what a strange choice. Usually developers go for the obvious airports in New England, like Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard. It’s cool and all, but even with it being absolutely generic, I don’t think I’ll pony up for KBID just because it will ruin the low Poly Count and by extension, the reproducible/reliable high frame rate where I can test settings etc.

But kudos to Gaya for picking Little Rhody, like the joke goes, we never get any respect (or attention) in sims.

Hey Gaya, would you be willing to polygon craft the Newport Pell Bridge? Now that I would pay for. FSX actually got that right out of the box before any Service Packs.