Too too too much snow

The northern hemisphere has gradually entered the winter, and the southern hemisphere will also usher in summer. But this December is embarrassing that most of my flights are covered by snow, such as Lowi, Urss, NZQN, ZBAA, etc. The snow logic of 2020 caused seriously deviating from reality, causing these airports to have no way to fly.

1 Like

Nothing new.
Basically has been like that since the beginning. There are multiple threads about the issue

3 Likes

watch the last dev stream on twitch, you may gain some understanding, and maybe not be so embarassed.

1 Like

A sidenote I’d like to add to this: the way all runways and taxiways are totally obscured by snow.

They need to tweak the game code with some kind of exclude function.

I’m not saying create totally snow-free taxiways/ramps/runways as that would be unrealistic.

Instead the code should tell the game to leave a little snow left lying around after they’ve been cleared off by vehicles. Like in this pic:

1 Like

Nice METAR circle around airport :wink:

Hope as Sebastian described, they will bring good solution in January update, is simply not possible to fly in this condition. We all have maybe some temp solutions but this is also not welcome. More weird in case that airport doesn’t have taxi lights defined from basic scenery, what I really don’t understand after 2 years of sim life…