Toolbar basic controls panel- what does it do?

The in-game toolbar has a panel called “basic controls”. What’s it for? It doesn’t seem to do anything. It shows my throttle by default with the buttons. When I change to another peripheral the throttle picture stays present instead of it changing to the new peripheral. I also can’t change the chosen profile for the chosen peripheral.

So what is this panel good for? It would be great if I can change controller profiles right from this panel and also if it showed the commands I actually had programmed to the buttons… but it does nothing so I’m stumped.

1 Like

Had the same thought. Not sure of its purpose.

Jim-Sim

This panel still doesn’t do anything useful it seems.

Now that I’ve saved multiple control profiles, I would expect it to display and allow me to change between the control profiles of each device with this.

In my case, I have the throttles set up for light aircraft, or for the Fenix A320. This panel should allow me to change between those profiles.

That’s what I thought, so I disabled it and never looked back…

It’s only useful for someone who doesn’t know the basic controls I guess…

It will not allow me to select anything but default. I have a preset profile but it won’t let me select it.

It’s like going out for a nice steak dinner and all the utensils the waiter gives you are spoons.

They don’t call it “basic” for nothing. Apparently it really is that basic, for someone brand new to the game who hasn’t changed any controls.