Toolbar broken in VR

Oh, and forgot, the misaligned mouse pointer in VR is fixed by switching the “lens correction” to off in the PC graphics settings. Can’t remember who posted it here, but as always, this community is quick and reliable in finding solutions to unexpected situations they throw us into :slight_smile:

Yes, it is a bit tedious between 2D and VR, but at least we have full control of the toolbar and the windows back. I bet there is some setting we haven’t yet figured out to enable the zooming again.

2 Likes

I had no mouse look at all in pancake vision in home cockpit mode, but maybe that was my own c**kup.

I take that back. It did fix it for me yesterday, now today it is back to misaligned cursor irrespective of the lens correction setting. It seems with only the left eye the mouse cursor is spot on, but with both eyes it is way off.

1 Like

Home Cockpit Mode set to ON makes it so I can click the toolbar but literally nothing else in the cockpit. Even the VR toggle keyboard commands don’t work, but my controllers do. So frustrating.

2 Likes

So is there any kind of update from these guys as to what’s happening to resolve this issue? I didn’t want the pointless update and now I can’t use something that was perfectly fine a few days ago.

2 Likes

The Ctrl+0 is working for me. I can interact with the menus in VR.

So a Workaround that works for me is this:

If you have any buttons on your Joystick/Throttle you don’t use yet (I used one of the hats of the throttle), bind “Toggle Instrument View 10” to one (A) and “Reset Cockpit View” to another (B).

So when I need to interact with something (Checklist/ATC), I press A, when finished B, so zooming in works again.

1 Like

Same here. Left mouse button not working on menu in VR and some cockpit functions. Also having problems with joystick buttons and some assigned operations. e.g. “pause”. Everything assigned ok. joystick sliders and axis all working fine. All OK before SU7.

Does anyone know if asobo have responded yet to how they have destroyed the sim for vr users?
I’ve not bothered with it since I tried and has this problem.

1 Like

Not that I know of unfortunately.

1 Like

Other than the generic “Bug Logged” next to the title of this thread then no, nothing but clean airwaves. I’m hoping they’ll mention at least something in Thursdays weekly blog post.

1 Like

Same issues here plus my Hotas 4 throttle seems to have a mind of it’s own, moves to top to bottom on it’s own. Can’t fly, throttle will just suddenly go to idle.

This has completely ruined flight sim for me, I bought an HP Reverb G2 for this game, absolutely ridiculous they let this through. They should have delayed the update.

There is no way to roll back versions and they force you to update with this always-online functionality. I didn’t spend over $60 on this game just for them to break key features and not even care.

4 Likes

You’re right. A lot of people have spent a lot of money on hardware to run FS2020. It’s hugely disappointing and completely contemptuous of their customer base. What I don’t understand is why this kind of thing isn’t brought up at the YouTube Q and A sessions Asobo have from time to time. Instead the interviews are performed by kowtowing sychaphants doing the customers of this product a huge disservice. The silence from Asobo is deafening but of course they’re merely hiding behind and adhering to the Microsoft approach to customer service. Hugely disappointing.

4 Likes

Hi,
I have the same problem. I read to do “ctrl 0” but without success. And I confirm after to have tried VR it’s impossible to come back to the 2D :frowning:

1 Like

Does this work for editing weather changes? Unless I’m doing it wrong, choosing/ editing the presets before I start the flight has no effect. I can only edit the weather once I’m ‘on’ the runway, so to speak…but now since the update I can only toggle on and off the in game menu, but not choose any of the options.

Come on Devs please respond that a hotfix is in the works for this massive bug!!

7 Likes

I had rather hoped that I could close everything before entering VR and interact just with the ATC window but I cannot do that. Very disappointing as this issue seems to have broken completely the VR experience for me :frowning:

Same here.