Toolbar broken in VR

Tried the various ‘hot fixes’ -
CTRL 0, CTRL SPACE then CTRL 0, TAB then CTRL 0 etc… still cant click on the VR pop up menu
Did not work for me… :sob:

1 Like

Yeah I read about it here earlier in the day; not sure whom posted it first.

I have tried it, but when I select Control +0 it pans my camera to the right, so then I have to manually correct my view using the mouse. Pressing Space does not re-centre me looking forwards. I notice that this didnt happen to the VR Flight Sim guy in his video though. I use HP Reverb G2.

I just get really angry at this new mindset of people, like the person I was originally replying to, of “If I dont like it, then you cant have it”

1 Like

Is it known what ctrl-0 does (its intended purpose, not the enigmatic VR toolbar fix)? Haven’t gotten around to trying it in game, yet…

Where do I dictate anything to you?
I critzize being forced into a specific mode does not make me force you into the other mode.

There are two modes and both have to work equally.
Else a program is broken and needs to be fixed.

Happy for you, that it works for you.
Unfortunately it dies not work for me.
And I want it to work for both of us.

Please people, once and for all, the CTRL-0 workaround is exactly this. A WORKAROUND.

IT IS NOT A FIX !

For most users it does allow the use of the toolbar windows and allows interaction within them but at the same time it prevents use of Cockpit focus/zoom function. In order to zoom into your cockpit, you have to switch back to cockpit view using CTRL-SPACE. I have bound these controls to buttons on my stick and whilst it does work, it is laggy and, it is just another considerable inconvenience that I urgently hope will be properly fixed ASAP.

5 Likes

Yes THIS! I suspect if they learn we have a workaround it will make them wait longer to fix it. : (

check your keybinding for the camera setting. Under instument view you will find it. If you play VR you will not need it.

Has there been any acknowledgement about a hotfix yet? There’s zero chance this is okay to leave like this going into the holiday season… it is simply unacceptable to release an update that ruins the experience for a significant subset of the userbase. The sad thing is that history says that Asobo/Microsoft simply do not care at all and will take their sweet time fixing this. Update after update after update and still tons of new, game breaking bugs, yet Asobo moves at a snails pace to fix any of this. No learning from past mistakes… MSFS since July 27th has gone significantly downhill… really sad to see.

@Jummivana

TIP & TRICK: We need to set to default the mouse profile because of this way we can use both at same time, touch controllers and mouse. And with default profile the world globe round again with the left click.

Set your keyboard to default preset and then press CTRL+0 to activate toolbar clicks again. Press CTRL+0 when you are showing the toolbar with your VR headset. Tested and working!

1 Like

Just to be really clear, the workaround is Left-CTRL + qwerty 0. That’s the only thing that worked for me.

Worked for me . Thanks

Aah so that explains why I couldn’t zoom anymore no matter how I tried to fix my binds. Thanx.

This is a mess Asobo.

Let me see if I have this correct:

1. Remove VR headset far enough to see the keyboard.
  2. Do a Left CTRL + qwerty 0 (zero) one handed.
  3. Reset headset on face.
  4. I can now use left mouse click to select something that used to be a one step click of mouse.

Got it…Great software writing.

4 Likes

Except you don’t have to exit full screen, at least I didn’t have to. Right ctrl + numpad 0 worked(around) for me.

I don’t know if it is the same issue, but after the last update (11/18/21), any pop-up window, such as ATC, are unresponsive. Clicking on buttons do nothing. Window cannot be closed using the mouse. Then, the mouse pointer just disappears. This is while in VR. I have not tested if also happens without using VR.

Another issue I found after updating is that the Assistance all settings were reset to Easy. Furthermore, crashes to desktop are now more frequent while playing in VR, not to mention performance degradation observed, too.

1 Like

Thanks. That eliminated two steps at least. Now, only four steps needed where there used to be ONE. Tried it. At least the workaround works.

Besides the problem mentioned in this thread, is anyone else experiencing the cursor appearing to stick and lag when trying to move it over dials and switches in the cockpit?

4 Likes

I don’t recall having seen this issue.

Dealing with the same issue and was just happy to find a solution which supposedly is hitting Ctrl + 0 Source: VR Flight Sim Guy on youtube

Was not able to test this for myself yet.