Toolbar Not Responding to Mouse

First time posting, let me know if I’m not following protocols.
Been using MSFS 2020 on Windows 10 PC about 3 months. Learning more everyday. About a week ago the toolbar at the top of the display just stopped responding to the mouse clicks. Rest of the sim works just fine. Nothing works, not Pause, ATC, weather, conditions etc. Not a computer whiz so have no idea where to begin to figure how to fix this. Would appreciate any help y’all can offer.

1 Like

Hello There and welcome to the Forums!

This is most likely due to a mod conflict.
You can start the sim in “safe mode” which will load the sim without any addons.
If the issue is solved, one of your addons is affecting this.

To start the sim in safe mode, with the sim running, use Windows Task Manager (Ctrl, Alt, Delete) to shut down the sim.
When you next restart the sim, it will prompt you if you want to use Safe Mode or Normal.
Obviously, select Safe Mode.

Did the safe mode thing but still have the problem. Only addons I have are a freeware version of the Birmingham AL airport and the Baron 58 from MSFS. In Assistance Options have set ATC “box” to be on when flight is started and it does show up on the screeen but there is no response to any mouse clicks. Same for the fuel/weight “box”. Mouse works fine for manipulating knobs etc in G1000, light switches, ignition switches etc. Just not the toolbar and associated “boxes”. Any ideas?

I am having exactly the same problem. I can see the Toolbar and can click on each icon but none of them will activate. I too tried the Safe Mode approach. That caused the weight & balance drop down to appear at start-up (I did not click for it, it was just there) and nothing would move. Unable to change any item and could not move out of the page. I tried this three times with the same result. Only option was to exit MSFS with the X button or Ctrl/ALT/Delete. Restart without Safe Mode and the drop downs disappear but the Toolbar does not work! Any help greatly appreciated.