ToolTips popup doesn't close by itself - Third Party - VATSIM vPilot / IVAO

I have had to switch off software tips, it will remain off as the constant messages appearing and needing to be cancelled, ruins the sim experience

Definitely looks like a core issue to me and has got nothing to do with 3rd parties. Especially if the latter have no way of controlling when to get rid of the rather annoying sticky software tip. Asobo should either restore the original functionality or expose a way for the 3rd parties to hide the tip at will.

Wondering if there’s any updates/acknowledgment from the devs about this issue?

Haven’t had time to check but I guess it’s still ongoing after SU7?

Yes the issue occurs also with SU7. Before SU7 I didnt had any issues with Vatsim notification. Got it first time since SU7 that I need to click it away.

1 Like

I think that would be “before SU6” as this is when this change was introduced. Before that any software tips would disappear on their own after a few seconds.

May I please ask if anyone has found any workaround for this? Flying in VATSIM with text is super annoying asI have to constantly keep clicking on the popup to hide it.

I reckon the fix may have to come from Asobo.

1 Like

It would be as simple as reverting the code to work as it used to work for more than a year, where the tips would disappear automatically after a few seconds.

Only workaround at the moment is to turn off the notifications in vPilot I believe

Has there been any update on this, does anyone know? “Software tips” aka Vpilot notifications stay on screen forever (unless clicked).

Haven’t heard anything and it’s still super annoying. I was flying in VATSIM yesterday and I had to click the tooltip about a million times. Who was the genius that thought it would be a good idea to make these tooltips permanent until clicked?

After SU8 in VR, software tips not only persist but now can not be dismissed at all. Clicking on them does nothing.

I can still dismiss them in pancake.

Anyone else experiecing this?

1 Like

Yes, same problem here with vpilot. I can only remove them in 2d view.

Agreed. No way to get rid of them anymore since su8. Seems to have been made even worse :(. I’ve had to turn them off

Not sure what you are trying to do to dismiss the “software tips” but just clicking on them closes them for me.

Same here for a 2D screen, but I think they’re talking about VR only?

Not to mention it’s still super annoying, VR or non-VR. Why can’t they just revert it to how it used to work in the past? Was there a reason why they made software tips persistent?

Any word about this being fixed in SU9?

To reiterate, the tips can be dismissed in Pancake but in VR they can not. To get rid of them you either have to go to pancake mode OR turn off software tips in general settings.

It’s an immersion breaker for VR and Vatsim. Turning them off risks missing an important message such as being asked to connect to a controller.

2 Likes

SO its 10-9-2022 is this fixed yet can i at least move tthe window from being right in th emiddle of the screen, PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY after 5 seconds please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

it is fixed in Beta 11

1 Like