Top 10 Tips for New VATSIM Pilots!

Most requested over the last few weeks, my Top 10 Tips on using VATSIM!

I’ll take you through each of my best tips for getting started confidently and successfully on VATSIM as a new pilot, or one looking to try get more confident with it!

Check the description for some handy links and the comments section for some bonus community tips too!

Be sure to click like, and subscribe, and if you have some tips of your own, add them to the comments too!

3 Likes

As with so many things in life, it’s that first step that is so daunting! I’ve been wanting to get onto Vatsim for ages, but then I listen to them talking & it makes me feel like a teenage stoner with the memory capacity of Cheech & Chong.

I’ve been watching your stuff for quite some time, so maybe I’ll give this a go. I sure as hell don’t think the in-game atc will ever be usable!

5 Likes

Awesome to hear! You’re always welcome to join me for your first flight when I control live next with other controllers and we’ll help with any issues or questions and take that pressure away!

Or even when I fly live next week, feel free to fly along on the group flight - we all make mistakes at times! VATSIM absolutely enhances the sim experience

1 Like

I’m not a native English speaker, but I’m trying to take long haul to other countries and I’m scared

Check the description of the video and there is a link to some PDF Documents, one of them is Oceanic. Put in remarks that you are not a native English speaker and they should see it and help :slight_smile:

Don’t let it put you off, and as I said in one of the tips, if you have a bad flight don’t let it put you off, try again another day!

1 Like

No one is native English speaker besides people from the US and UK. You can only get better by failing and keep attempting everyday.

Not all control is understandable like that

I wouldn’t worry about. I’ve been using VATSIM for a very, very long time and many I have heard are not native English speakers. If you ever had a difficult time understanding someone then simply ask for them to type it.

Absolutely :slight_smile: and the more you do it, the more comfortable you will become with it too. Every reasonable controller will expect some mistakes and should try to help you too if you are new or not sure

1 Like

How do I turn off MS ATC when flying on VATSIM ? I turned off AI assist ATC, and closed the ATC window but it still makes announcements.

Back to VATSIM how to configure MSFS … in World Map in turn off traffic ect.

open flight and closed ATC turned of AI assist on ATC … but still MSFS talks to me ? How to stop please?