Top Gun F-18 HUD

Until I decided to try landing this thing on the carrier, I paid no attention to the HUD. It’s a mess of jibberish and trash and I don’t know why it’s even there. However, I’m reading the instructions on landing on the carrier, and it tells me to follow the E-bracket on the HUD. Oh, really? The HUD is non-existent. It has every system displayed on it at the same time. There is supposed to be some switch in the cockpit that sets up the F-18 for carrier landings, and displays that E-bracket (per the real DCS aircraft), and no matter how hard I look, nothing in this cockpit actually works.

So what’s the secret in actually setting up the HUD for actual use? Or does that even exist? To tell you the truth, this thing is just a neat video game - flying these Top Gun challenges, the aircraft doesn’t even fly like a jet - rudder and aileron inputs are useless. Just my $.02!

Your hud is likely bugged due to an addon or you have menu animations off in the UI (known issue). It works fine for me. Can’t disagree with you about this being a neat video game though.

Menu animations? I wouldn’t have any idea how to narrow it down to a particular add-on, but where are these “menu animations?” I’ll go look and see if I can find them.

cannot find any “TopGun” Carrier in World Map or are they the same as the old ones?

can this be moved? VR Mode

изображение

2 Likes