Top gun landing carrier challenge - non working arresting cables

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Arresting cables are not working anymore: after landing, catching the cable and applying military power, F18 isn’t stopped enough and falls from the deck.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Launch carrier landing challenge, land on carrier and catch the cable and apply mil power.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It was supposed to be fixed in SU13 so not sure why you are having that issue. Have a look at the workaround proposed before the fix:

Reviewing SU13 Release Notes, I don’t see a note for that fix. Is that really has been fixed ?
Only point fixed: “Fixed Main Menu tile image for Top Gun Maverick DLC that was extending beyond the tile boundaries.”

The workaround does work, F18 is stopped, but you score 0 points because of the landing precision mark (i did apply mil power after catching the cable):

Our test team has been unable to reproduce this issue. They tried with mil power, without mil power, first wire, last wire, and either way they were able to stop. Could there be a 3rd party product affecting your tests?

Hi, I did some more tests tonight:
Via content manager i deleted supercarrier pro, f35 (both bought on the market place), topgun package, F/A18. (I also have the an225, kodiak 100 and reno package that i didn’t uninstall)
Then I shut down msfs, renamed my community folder.
Launched msfs and reinstalled F/A 18 and top gun and… I could reproduce the bug.

I reinstalled msfs and did an other try (with empty community folder) → same problem.

What Market Place items are installed?

I did others tests too:
1- the cables stop the aircraft if don’t apply military power on touching the deck
2- the cables will brake the aircraft if military power is applied on touching the deck but not enough to avoid falling in the water at the end of the deck
In your issue description you said it happens when applying military power but in your steps to reproduce the issue you don’t specify to apply military power.

So the issue you are reporting is only when applying the military power right ? (I think IRL that is the correct procedure but not sure if in the sim it has been modeled/coded that way). If this is the case, not sure if it is a bug but more likely it works as designed.

Hi, i didn’t mention it but yes, i applyed mil power after landing and catching cable.
You’re supposed to do that in order to score maximum points. If you don’t it’s specified on scoring board that you should have apply mil power.
And no need to break.
That’s the way it worked (well) when top gun maverik pack was released.

You are correct, applying MIL comes in the instruction:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have the same problem. Cable catches when landing at 120knots, apply MIL power and the aircraft slows down and drops off the end of the carrier. I have been able to work around this by applying the parking brake when I apply MIL power, and then the F18 does stop just short of the end of the runway and I can achieve a high score.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: