Top gun maverick confusion

Like me and many other people we are still confused of what the top gun dlc will be about, whether it is mock dogfights like shown in the movie or just landing and sight seeing just like we can already do in the sim.Has anyone heard anything about the expansion?I don’t understand why they are keeping it a secret from us because I’m pretty sure there is no way they could make it so the expansion will tie into the movie without adding dogfights or other stuff. Microsoft said they will be talking about it more when the date comes around and we’ve heard nothing except a trailer that is coming soon, btw does anyone know when the trailer will come as well.Anyway I think im confused like many other people what exactly will be happing when may 27 comes around because I don’t understand why they already gave us the f18 when it was supposed to come out with the movie.Just many questions for a dlc that we know nothing about

My money is on the latter. Though maybe they will add an aircraft carrier to land on.

Remember the expansion is tied to the film - so they’re unlikely to release too much info until the film is in full public release, otherwise they could be breaching NDA/giving away spoilers.

2 Likes

What does a dlc have to do with giving away spoilers?

Pretty sure the fictional (but basically an SR-72) top secret ‘Darkstar’ plane designed by Lockheed/Skunk Works for the film is coming, along with an aircraft carrier & likely more F/A-18 improvements.

My hopes & i imagine fairly likely would be another improved air base or two, like they did with Miramar. Maybe an Area 51 to go with the Darkstar. A few tutorials for carrier operations would be cool & i suspect a couple landing challenges.

Yep I just don’t understand how and why there hiding the movie from us

Aircraft types, locations, possibly missions/flights etc. Could be lots covered under an NDA until film release

1 Like

Yep that could be a good reason, do you think they’ll add a f14 tomcat like shown in the movie

There have been some flags on this thread recently that caused it to be closed. The Topic Author can contact @moderators via Direct Message if they wish to know more.

1 Like