Tornadoes

Tornados are a must

3 Likes

11 Likes

+1 here .

Huge Tornados included in Weather System would be so amazing.

Anything Storms / Wall of Clouds / Thunderstorms flying through in a Plane or Heli is a blast.
I mean look at the Hurricane Pictures and Videos people offered here within the Sim.
In VR these are unbelievable experiences.

Yes, as a storm and flightsim lover I would love to see some tornadoes.

HOWEVER, as long as they don’t affect any performance.

+1 from me.

1 Like

TBH you opted to “SHOUT” and though you may not be aware, your writing “tone” reads as supercilious to English (UK) readers. I think that’s why the debate started off all heated like that.

I’ve voted for tornados, I respect your opinion though. I’m off…

Lets keep the conversation on the wishlist topic to hand (Tornadoes in MSFS) and keep all posts exclusively focussed on that issue alone.

Unrelated or off topic posts can be deleted from the thread!

Woah, maybe we really do need tornadoes in this game.

4 Likes

It is happening guys! We are gonna get tornadoes in MSFS 2024.

Skip to 1:46

1 Like

All for a price of $120, you too, can see a tornado in career mode sim. :wink:

1 Like

Vocanoes not featured surely this is some kind of mistake :wink:

1 Like

They might include it in 2028 :wink:

1 Like

As a Midwesterner, I look forward to the lawn-chair and barbecue add-ons for Tornado watching.

Looking at you Got Friends.

2 Likes

It’s probably going to be just a static mission that doesn’t change. But gah, I can’t wait. They sure do know how to dangle the shiny new thing to keep your anticipation up.

2 Likes

I can see it now:

There’s not enough tornadoes
There are too many tornadoes
Why are you taking the time to add tornadoes when we need better ATC?
My FPS suffers when a tornado is in the area
MSFS crashes when I get close to a tornado
The tornadoes aren’t realistic enough (posted by someone who claims to have flown into them)
You aren’t putting enough development time into tornadoes
I spawned where an active tornado was reported but the sky was clear
I spawned where no tornado was reported but saw a tornado
The physics of the tornado aren’t accurate
I was able to fly my Beechcraft into the tornado and nothing happened
I was thirty miles away from the tornado and my 737 was blown out of the sky
Why aren’t you showing the damage on the ground after the tornado has gone by?
And if you are showing it, the damage isn’t accurate
Ever since you added tornadoes (insert problem)

And of course:

WE NEED SLIDERS!

5 Likes

Liked because every word of it rings true … and that’s just the first day

1 Like

Apparently it is properly simulated and not static. Phil Spencer and Matt Booty confirmed it during this interview

I am so incredibly skeptical about this lol.

They tried to implement lightning in FS20, and it was way too common, regularly coming out of blue skies etc. Their fix for this was all but disabling lightning entirely, and that’s how it’s remained ever since. When they brought icing in, it was also way over the top, but after a few updates it’s pretty much impossible to be brought down by icing. They tried to implement snow, but it is also broken and unrealistically exaggerated, with snap-frozen lakes, rivers and oceans and snow coverage over the entire region around a snowy mountain. We still don’t have any sort of frontal systems in live weather.

If they can’t handle live thunder, lightning, icing, snow or weather fronts… how the heck are they going to make something as complicated as a tornado work? Based on the track record with FS20, I’m expecting a few months where tornadoes spawn from every single storm cloud before they disable the function and we never see them again.