Total flight time

Hi

Does anyone know how the sim calculates total flight time that is logged in the pilots flight book, what I mean by that is when I fly from say Gatwick to Salzburg which I did today the flight time at end of flight once I reached gate and switched engines off closed the flight and it said total flight time 1hr 27mins.

Is that in air time, or from gate to gate?

Just curious,lol.

Thank you

I may be wrong but pretty sure it’s wheels up to wheels down.

2 Likes

Correct. It’s wheels up to wheels down. The large number you see in the UI is that. Your taxiing distance is a separate stat in your profile. The time you sit idle isn’t. I watch those numbers like a hawk and have been for a year now.

5 Likes

Interesting so, by wheels up/down, thats the moment after takeoff i put gear up the flight time starts and the moment i put gear down on approach the flight timer ends.
Or do you both mean the moment aircraft is in air to the moment the aircraft touches down.

Feel the time you leave the runway to the time you hit it. Not all planes have retractable gears.

1 Like

Oh yeah, true. :laughing:

Thanks

1 Like

But dont worry, the sim will eventually loose your log book and you’ll be back at 0 hours, for me steam says 2160 hours and the sim tells me 100 … AGAIN!!!

I dont know if there is an option for Xbox, but if you can find one Id get a 3rd party app to track your hours just to be safe…

2 Likes

Oh hope not!

Doubt very much there is an app for xbox.

Steam says you’ve had the game running for 2160 hours; it doesn’t track how many of those hours were spent flying. I still don’t get why people try to relate the two. Apples and oranges.

Try this: Turn the sim on and leave for two hours. Don’t fly. Just let it sit in the menus. The Steam count will increase. That’s how every game on Steam counts time.

because -5 installs @ 4hours a piece is only 20 hours, I dont idle in game, if Im in game Im flying. Regardless Ive watch this game loose my hours multiple times already. As have alot of other players.

The 1st time was was close to 1000 hours acording to the game itself…

1 Like

Easy solution. Run a program like Volanta while flying so it’s tracked in two places. I started using it around 700 hours in. The sim has also yet to lose my hours. All there.

1 Like

My flight time in game is locked 258 hours but i check the XBOX that is 59days and 30 minutes, why~~

My guess is flight time is time in the plane - XBox is the time Xbox is running.

dw

1 Like

I have not been playing long but I was sitting on 49 hours, had a CTD and lost 17 hours. That was a bummer since I was so close to my first 50.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.