Touch Portal - a sim pilot's best friend!

I’ve been using Touch Portal application with an Android tablet to control MSFS and, boy what a great tool it is. Works with Apple smartphones as well.

It’s very similar to a Stream Deck - except it uses your touchscreen phone or tablet as as the keypad. Stream Deck makes a software version as well - but it’s limited to just 16 keys and costs a bit. The HW Stream Deck is very expensive.

Touch Portal is free to use, and if you pony up 12.95, it’l give you unlimited buttons and pages. I have a pages set for views and custom views, a set for Aircraft autopilot switches, lights. de-ice and all that.

Basically - any set of keystrokes can be assigned to a button. You can even set up on/off indicating buttons if the function you are automating has both an on and off keystroke sequences.

I’ve got my Android tavblet set up right next to my joystick and throttle - I’ve greatly simplified control of the sim and have reduced the need to manually enter a key command - just poke the touch screen and away we go.

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

This is awesome timing. I’ve been thinking about a mini keyboard to control camera/recording etc. and I’ve got an old Android phone and old iPad I could use for this. Definitely trying this.

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I can recommend Matric App - does the same for less with more templates available. Only Android clients at the moment.
I use it on two 8" tablets.
My MSFS2020 profile
My Elite Dangerous profile

1 Like

Nice! Working on a similar project with https://hexler.net/products/touchosc

I’ve setup Touch Portal too. Quite impressed with it ! Highly recommend.

Do you know how to launch the Microsoft Flight Simulator app? I haven’t been able to do it.

now we are talking about getting sim short cuts on a tablet here an app i have been using with fsx and now in msfs2020 on my android tablet - it interface with the most important panels / buttons. i believe it has a fully functional demo version also. it is called fsradiopanel pro.
have a look https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tambucho.fsradiopanel&hl=en&gl=US

Thanks for the tip! Tried it loading FltSim 2020 Control.tpz but the tablet keeps displaying (main) panel? Is there something I miss to activate the new panel?
:thinking:

Just downloaded Touch Portal today. On that (main) panel you have to make a button with the action action to navigate to the flight sim panel. That main page seems like that’s your home page and always starts there.

Hi guys, it would be v helpful for newbies like me if you guys can share your templates if possible. I have just installed the plugin and loving whatever basic functions i could configure.
Thanks and cheers !

I tried Touch Portal. But I could not get the sim to accept multiple keystrokes (macro) from a single touch button. For example, I set up a button to send 10 keypresses to increase the autopilot’s altitude by a 1,000’. The sim ended up increasing only 100’. It seems this sim has its own keyboard processing—unlike typical Windows apps.

Has anybody managed to send multiple keystrokes?

Get this plugin Touch portal MFS 2020 plug in

Purpose of this plugin is to reduce the use of keypress and instead communicate directly with FS.

Here is a template i am using, i found from the above link.

Template

You ll get your autopilot keys also configured there and can use it to adjust various parameters.

2 Likes

As @dbsjrinco suggested, you can either map a button and program it for opening the page (msf2020)(i am also doing the same) or it s mentioned on the owner s github page that you can go in touch portal s local file and change the main page file.

I’ve seen this and thought it was pretty good!

I have to say this Touch Portal is absolutely fantastic and especially helpful for those with vision problems and MSFS20 where some details are dark on dark and difficult to read. The MSFS20 app is perfect and the designer deserves an award for the look and simplicity of its design. Has anyone got the WPT and DIST working? Purple on black is abysmal in tthe MSFS20 sceen and this would help me.

Hi all!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to let any Touch Portal users (who don’t already) know that the MSFS Touch Portal Plugin has a new home, new maintainer (me :slight_smile: ), and many new features. You can now activate any event, get any sim var, and with optional WASM module integration it can do pretty much “anything.” There’s even a HubHop presets database included for selecting actions to perform. Documentation and a list of known TP pages which work with the plugin is all in the README at the link.

Cheers,
-Max

3 Likes

Thanks for the outstanding work. I’ve started working with the plugin and am excited to have this enhance/improve my flight sim experience.

Take care, Tc

1 Like

Does anyone know if touch portal will work with my Air Manager installed, are they compatible?
Thank you.

There’s no reason they shouldn’t happily co-exist since they’re completely independent of each other. I do not own/use Air Manager, but I’ve tried the demo (most recently with Touch Portal installed), and didn’t have any issues.

HTH, -Max
(Not an endorsement, YMMV, caveat emptor, etc…)

1 Like

Thank you, Max. A very reassuring reply, I spent a long time setting up the AM and knobster. I realise that Touch Portal will do all that AM can do - and more. But without conflicts I can happily enjoy both. Not withstanding the Caveat !
So thank you so much.

1 Like

Works fine!