Track IR faillure...again!

No, once the connection is lost it’s lost for good. Turning tracking off and on in the sim does nothing and closing the TrackIR software and starting it up again doesn’t do anything either. All I can do is restart the sim completely.

Luckily it only happens occasionally, but it’s really annyoing when it does.

Here you will find the solution.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a go next time it happens.

Interesting… will give that a shot. Simconnect stability has nose dived since WU8, everything relying on it is dodgy at best right now…

so far I know it was only needed for users which forgot, as any reason, the update of the trackir game-list…

For me, this happens on every flight. The game list is always up to date. The drivers are also up-to-date.

Problem is still present even more often with the SU9Beta.
I’m using a TrackiIR4+ClipPro with software v5.4.2.27545

If only it was possible to reboot simconnect without rebooting MSFS, that would be a first step.

I am using Eyeware Beam on iPhone and Open Track and it seems fine with SU9 Beta.

I’m thinking about getting TrackIR. Can you tell me if it’s worth it IYO

1000%. I literally would not flight sim without it. All of my YouTube videos use it if you want to see what it’s like:

1 Like

yeah…well…utterly convincing…I DID go and buy it today. No wonder you say it’s mandatory!!
I like the way the natural head movement complements the a/c movement - very realistic, but taxiing out and looking around - superb…

p.s. didn’t like the trees on short final, but…
thanks

Make sure you go on YouTube and find out how to calibrate and set it up. I’m not sure if you can email profiles or not, but if you can if be happy to send you mine. It is really good straight out of the box, it is absolutely game-changing when you set it up properly.

thanks so much but have already done that. Simhanger offers a very straight forward and fairly innocuous way to set up, so I’ll go down his path initially at least. I thought I’d have to go full VR, but other than the price/equipment, I was concerned for the loss of tactile ability with Alpha, Bravo and Logitec radio switches and knobs. I think this overcomes all that problem as well as giving me what I need in terms of movement. and sight.

thanks again