Track IR Stops Working

It’s not a fix to download for TrackIR, you have to join a more general beta-test.
And more, you can’t do anything if you have the steam version like me.
That’s what I said, TrackIR is still broken yet except for some happy fews.

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Track IR Stops Working:

it’s annoying to simulate without the go track. I discovered this problem today. Regretful not having a fix for this.

We have to sit it out…teethgrinding. Probably the PC track IR users are a relative small group compared to the XBOX users who dont use TIR so no rush is needed. I’m, not going to join the beta test group as i refuse to download this game again as stated that a reinstall may occur in the beta proces. All we can do is sit it out…

I hope the hotfix works for home cockpit mode because the workarounds don’t.

I will not be surprised if testing is not comprehensive enough to check this, as most people are likely unaware of this mode and it’s benefits for those who do not like the cockpit jerking around when trying to interact with knobs and switches and prefer a realistic view where the cockpit remains stable relative to the pilots viewpoint as in real life, with only the world outside the cockpit rolling around.

1 Like

Oh well… at least I have a heap of DCS planes to relearn. My aircraft budget can just go on new hardware.

If they can’t fix this by just literally taking the TrackIR toggle out I am a bit concerned about what the hell is going on under the bonnet…

Instead of complaining that TrackIR is currently not usable as someone is used to,
you can switch to the Pre-release Testing - SU7 Update Public Flight.

Pre-release Testing - SU7 Update Public Flight - now also for Steam Users

I am currently testing a Beta version.
Windows 11 64bit
GTX1080Ti 497.09

Track IR is back to full working order. I would say that it even works a little smoother.

4 Likes

Not everyone wants to re-download the whole sim after testing is over, sorry. I’d better wait on the ground for patch release.

3 Likes

If you moved the packages installation folder (Comunity/Cache) to a new drive, you won’t need to update the entire installation.

1 Like

With the correct strategy you do not need to reinstall.
Just make a backup and when you want to leave the Beta or the Next Version is released to the public, roll back the backup.

Hahaha um no I’m good. Instead of having to install a beta it should have never been broken in the first place. Plus you run the risk of having to reinstall the whole game all over again, even with your strategy, when the beta is over along with other issues, that’s why it’s a beta. They gave us the right to complain when they ended up breaking it, knew about it before they released it and released it anyway.

1 Like

I remember not so different issues in DCS… also issues like Auto-Pilot buttons not works and a lot more.

The one single difference is, that the DCS community seems a bit more relaxt. We know a fix will coming and in meanwhile we find other ways to can fly.

Beside of these: If I not use the TrackIR Pause function, I have no issues so far. In case TrackIR stops working, I open the camera settings and re-activate it… simple workaround for me till the fix will be delivered.

1 Like

I don’t remember any DCS camera issues - certainly issues with aircraft ( which is also teh same here and we put up with it ) but there aren’t often basic problems like this. The pause function breaking is exactly why I’m not enjoying MSFS - using stuff like FMS keypads is suddenly a clunky and immersion breaking pit & makes me close the game. The fact that this entire thing was known about before & still pushed to us actually disgusts me, I’m really thinking hard about spending anything at all on this now.

I’m absolutely fed up with Asobo atm. There’s an air of arrogance I totally despise. Like the recent IG ceo hearing on the hill when asked why didn’t they reply to parents who’s children were contemplating suicide bc of their money gulping algorithm that bombards kids with idiotic adverts. That is the ultimate arrogance that Asobo is nearing. They need to revert to who they were before winning the privilege of ms partnering and the success of MSFS. Sorry Asobo, it’s tuff love and you do need to clean up your act. Hopefully you know what tuff love means :wink:

This is fixed in the next build, guys. Coming soon.

1 Like

Can you (StatesideSiren4) please define what you mean by “soon” and where the information comes from.
It will be great to have the fix - I’ve been working TrackIR with the inconvenience of not being able to pause it, but it will be great to have the full capabilities restored.

TRACKIR FIX - I was disappointed at first But I discovered if I open up the CAMERA icon on the flying screen - (option bar in flight) And at the top is the option to toggle TRACK IR. If you look away from the TrackIR sensor it will turn off. You can leave the camera window open and just click to toggle it back on. Once on - it will work again until you look away from the sensor. Again toggle it back on. It’s a hassle but works until they can patch the error that turns it off.

1 Like

open camera from top in flight icon bar - and TOGGLE track IR on in the top of the camera menu.

It is fixed in the public beta.

1 Like

I hope it’s fixed in the next beta as I really hate it turning off every time I go to pet my dog. This is a major first world problem for me.

4 Likes