Track IR Stops Working

Track IR will stop working. So far it happens to me if I look to the extreme edge / boundary of the viewing movement especially straight down. When it stops, it centers the view to straight ahead and it no longer allows head movement to change view. EDIT: It will also stop working if I hit “pause movement” that I have set up in my TIR profile.

Ending the flight and going back to the main menu will reset TIR most of the time.

Hopefully a hotfix will address this bug.

2 Likes

Can’t even get it to work. Track IR shows it’s working and I get two Greens on the camera and it moves within the Track IR software and even reports that it has MS Flight Simulator - but there’s no movement in game.

12 Likes

Same here, cannot get TrackIR to pickup in sim.

4 Likes

Same here with the problem stated by th OP. They did add some new type of tracking with this update which probably screwed up TIR
Never have had issues with TrackIR until this update.
EDIT: happens in both DX11 and DX12

3 Likes

There’s a TrackIR On/Off slider under the camera toolbar once loaded into a flight. When the TrackIR signal is lost for any reason (moved out of line of sight, paused the IR Camera, etc.) the slider turns off. You can turn it back on from the same menu to resume normal operation without needing to restart the flight. Will attach a screenshot later when able.

30 Likes

Same here. TrackIR OFF

1 Like

I had this issue and simply rebooted my pc and it now works.

1 Like

I just shutdown the sim completely, started TrackIR first, then started the SIM. Seems okay now.

Can confirm this is it. Soon as it looses connection slider goes off.

23 Likes

Encouraging GameTrash and skypilot.
Others - please try a Reboot and Start Track IR BEFORE the Sim and see.

All - keep reporting Track IR issues and VOTE if Track IR is INOP for you.

9 Likes

FWIW- I always start TIR prior to starting the sim.

8 Likes

Pausing TIR will recenter then lock the view. I have to go into the camera bar and toggle the switch back on while TIR is in the unpaused state… Bingo, it works … until you pause it again. Rinse repeat.

A “work around” but by no means a good solution

3 Likes

Good catch Raynen. Not great but better than ending flight prematurely.

2 Likes

This workedf for me. After SU7 TrakIR has issues, but it’s a known issues as per Release notes.

2 Likes

Great stuff Raynen.
That’s the Workaround for the moment.

Please continue to VOTE and post Observations.

3 Likes

Cannot turn it on, it immediately turns off again. In the TrackIR control panel everything seems normal but not in the sim :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Same here, not working for me as well … :sunglasses:

PLEASE consider a HOT-FIX , this year, in 2021

16 Likes

Sick and tired of every update breaking something significant

28 Likes

I just happen to use the TrackIR a lot, and well it is working until you use the mouse/ pause the TiR :frowning:

It was working well prior to GOTY update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here! Broken!

3 Likes