TrackIr default profile lost

I’ve been experimenting with headracking using Opentrack and AiTrack. Everything was working great until I rebooted, couldn’t get it to work again, then realized the Default TrackIr profile was missing. It had been present since installation of MSFS. How can I get it back? I don’t have TrackIr hardware (headset or clip). It is the MSFS TrackIr profile I’m trying to get back.

The original profile from way back when MSFS was released was rainabba_fs2020_tir5.xml, if it isn’t in your TrackIR 5\Profiles directory, I uploaded it here:

1 Like

Always keep a backup of your WGS folder. This folder contains your profiles. It’s usually only 3 or 4 megs. It will save you if there was a glitch and you lost your profiles.

1 Like

I thank you both! I downloaded the xml file and made a backup of the wgs directory. I looked at all the files in the wgs directory, but found none for TrackIR. Somehow I must have deleted that profile. I don’t know how.

Just to make sure before I proceed, I don’t have a TrackIR head tracking device, so I’m not sure where the TrackIR 5/Profiles directory should be. Please advise.

I had DroidCam, AITrack and OpenTrack working together to provide head tracking. I previously had installed iVRy for Steam VR, Steam and Steam VR and, separately, Riftcat 2.0 to experiment with VR. Both iVRy and Riftcat 2.0 “systems” were working properly.

Now, without the default TrackIR, nothing described above is working.

Update: May have found where the “raw” profiles go, described in this link: Profiles Directories

Update 2: After permissions were changed, was able to see what was in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Input but could not paste the above file into it. Got a message saying “There is not enough space on C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. You need an additional 8.00 KB to copy these files.” Certainly there is enough space on the drive to accomodate 8 KB! Also, there is no existing TrackIr file in this folder.
I don’t know what to try next.

Update 3: Tried Repair install twice with no success. Joined the SU7 beta and updated, still no success, although “TrackIR” in the Camera was now set to the ON position. It can now be toggled between OFF and ON and will stay in the selected position. Before it was set to OFF and when ON was selected it would very quickly return to OFF. It looks like the only option is a RESET, which means maybe everything should just be reinstalled?? The DroidCam, AITrack are working and the OpenTrack octupus is moving as it should with head turns. They just don’t connect with MSFS.

Update 4: Renamed the WGS folder to OLDWGS, closed MSFS, then restarted. A message to the effect that something had resynced was displayed. It was hoped the default “TrackIR” would return, but no luck. Only the same profiles that I had in the “OLDWGS” folder re-appeared. So, apparently the cloud always retains the most recently used profiles.

Short of a re-install of MSFS, I can’t thing of anything else to try. Anyone have any ideas?

Downloaded and installed the latest TrackIR software. Started it and then Droidcam, AiTrack and Opentrack. It worked again! Also, a TrackIR profile appeared in MSFS once again.

Of course, I now have more TrackIR software than I should need but at least it works without a reset or reinstall of MSFS and it works well! :blush: