TrackIr not working? Try this

Thank you StangDriver7226, this solved my issue too !
I can now recover my old habits from FSX …a long time ago …and nice to see that my old trackir device is still performing well !

Dear all,

I’ve deleted all the content in the local cache folder and this solved the issue for me.
The location for me was: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

P.S. replace with your own local Windows username

What solved it for you?!

What do you mean by “replace with your own local Windows username”? Oh wait, maybe you were referring to the file path “”. If so, then I understand that part.

BUT:
Delete the LocalCache folder contents?!! That folder contains some of the most critical files for the sim!

If I delete the LocalCache Contents all my custom User configurations, (UserCfg.opt file), and custom-set sim configurations, (FlightSim.cfg file), would be lost!

No… That can’t be what you meant because that would almost be like doing a fresh re-installation. The TrackIR I have worked with no issues for most of the 10 years that I flew MS FSX.

It also worked fine for the Rise Of Flight sim as well. However, after several re-installations of the TrackIR software, I still can’t get it to work with MSFS.

You are saying that it works with other games but not MSFS. Do you have it activated in Camera ?

i also experienced that when the CPU is most of the time close to a 100 procent that the TrackIR software is struggling and in the game you will notice non-responding or incorrect behaviour.
Bringing down TLOD, removing some add-ons or using a cpu-limiter tool will make it work again.

Oh yes! I’ve checked on all the possibilities and still ‘no cigar’.

In fact, The TrackIR I have worked with no issues for most of the 10 years that I flew MS FSX. I’ve even downloaded and installed the latest installer NaturalPoint offered, (which was the same as the one I had).

It also worked fine for the Rise Of Flight sim as well. However, after several re-installations of the TrackIR software, I still can’t get it to work with MSFS.

I read that some people claimed the TrackIR should NOT be in the “Paused” mode when starting up MSFS and others said that the “Exclusive” option should not be enabled.

So, last night I made sure the “Exclusive” option wasn’t enabled and I tried booting MSFS with the TrakIR un-paused. The results were the same; nothing.

I have the “TrackIR” enabled in the Camera selection and the latest TrackIR available games are updated and installed.

• However, I have MSFS (Store version) installed on a dedicated SSD. It’s not installed to the default location, (on the O/S drive).

'm beginning to wonder if I should try reinstalling TrackIR to the same drive that MSFS is installed on… (if that’s a possible option).

Does anyone think that would be the solution? Has anyone directed the TrackIR software installer to the same drive as their MSFS installation, (assuming that they installed it in a separate drive, as I have)?

The only remaining possibility is that there’s something in the MSConfig “Windows Services” that I disabled and it’s having an affect on the TrackIR.

For example; I have ALL the “Hyper-V xxxxx” selections turned off and the Virtual Machine options are disabled as well. I’ve made sure to connect the TrackIR camera’s USB directly to a Motherboard powered port too.

There is something I recall reading about disabling the “USB Selective Suspend Setting” in the Power Options panel.

I know my setting is Enabled right now. The next time I try TrackIR, I’ll try to remember to disable that setting.

But at this point, I’ve spent a lot of time on this and I’m ready to ‘throw in the towel’. It’s got to be something to do with a setting I’ve enabled or disabled in the Service settings or the MS Config selections but it’s not worth spending much more time on it.

I’m planning on renting a Virtual Headset soon so I can see what that’s like. If I like it and my computer can maintain a stable operation, I’ll buy a Virtual set for myself.
Rich

No, my CPU and GPU are staying cool and have a lot of excess power to play with, (ASUS Z490 ROG Maximus XII Formula / 32GB x 3600MHz RAM / EVGA SN 1300W PSU / Intel i9–11900K (5.2GHz) / RTX-3080 Ti) all liquid cooled with dual radiators. I even have the EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (fit specifically for the ROG Max XII Formula mobo). She’s running strong.
Rich

Could you try running the application commented in below post once in the sim ?. It is to attend a slightly different issue as explained in the 1st post but could be a workaround. It works for me when TrackIr stops working.