TrackIr not working? Try this

If you can’t get TrackIr working in MSFS 2020, you’ll need to download the latest TrackIR game updates: Open the TrackIr Software…top left corner (white ball) of the software - download the latest game updates then restart TrackIr.

I already did that but the SIM don’t even recognize the Track Ir, not even with the app Open

1 Like

You may have other issues then. Do you get both sensor lights of the TrackIr illuminate when you start the sim?

1 Like

Not both, just the left one on before opening the sim

Look in game profiles - lower left…can you see Flight Simulator 2020?

1 Like

Yes, i updated them earlier today

I’m at a loss…that’s all I did with mine and it works flawlessly.

1 Like

That’s very astonishing how it can improve the sim experience. On x-plane it was a mess using it

I can’t fly without it

One very stupid thing I noticed, if TrackIR is not tracking while MSFS is loading (TrackIR app running but not wearing the hat or not in range) then it won’t be activated during that session.

8 Likes

Another thing I noticed during my re-install of TrackIR - I had to manually choose the MSFS 2020 option during install, it was x’d out in the install dialog.

@Codexus Excellent and best information ever: You must wear the hat when MSFS!

Just like DCS… they’re not smart enough to check at the time of usage, only at startup.

1 Like

I re-installed TrackIR tonight. That additional install was for Flight Simulator 2002. (old).

Click white globe in top left corner…game updates

I had to reboot computer after game list update then everything worked!

1 Like

That was the solution to my issue. Thanks.

1 Like

a note: if you have “currently” issues with TrackIr also not forget the known issue with 1.12.13.0:

Same, thing is, it was working after jan hotfix/mini update, but then noticed the update game thing in trackir and that has made it not even recognize the game anymore!! ive started track ir and the sim about 5 times and the right light doesnt light up. sigh

This solved it for me, cheers