Traffic Name Plate Render

Hi, I would like to recommend adding a render changer for traffic nameplates… I currently don’t use the name plates as I like to take a lot of photos and don’t like having the nameplates in my photo… maybe we could get a render adjuster in the settings so we can have it render at different distances, for instance it will only show aircraft at a distance we have selected, like 10nm, up to whatever the max may be.

I’d be happy to be able to switch name plates on and off via a keybind vs having to pause and navigate menus. That should be a pretty easy thing to add since the function already exists.

2 Likes

I agree. A on/off switch would be nice.
The distance thing has always bothered me.
When flying around my home base I see nameplates that are FAR FAR away but look close.
They are way away and yet they are all over the sky creating local clutter.
A Distance Selection would be a marvelous thing to incorporate. I would imagine it may even help with the frame rate as the sim would not have to include aircraft a selected distance away,

I think they show up on anything within 50NM if I recall correctly. Or up to 50 planes within 100NM. I don’t remember exactly what it is.

I’d prefer have them off and be able to switch them on when I need them, then back off. I prefer the realism of not having them. But it’s nice to have the option to switch them on at times to see what’s happening.

There’s an add-on that does that. And, frankly, I’d prefer Asobo to focus on other aspects.

I agree and I prefer for the MSFS teams to focus on fixing all of the core sim issues but a switch/distance option would be a logical addition. There are those of us that still prefer a clean core sim until all the bugs are worked out. I am not including any ADDONS until the core system is relatively bug free. I still think this option would help CPU/GPU usage by not having to render moving aircraft signs past a selected distance.

1 Like

Sounds useful - any chance of a link or name we could search please?

The hidden UI is the one you want. I hit my backspace key toggle on and off all of the on-screen clutter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.