Traffic setting on World Map appears to be ignored

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Traffic setting via World Map / Flight Conditions appears to be overridden by General Options / Traffic / Aircraft Traffic Type

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set General Options / Traffic / Aicraft Traffic Type to “AI offline”, go to the World Map, plan any flight (preferably in an area where AI traffic is expected), set Flight Conditions / Air Traffic to Off, possibly set Multiplayer to “Off (Group Only)” to minimize the number of other players that could be confused for AI traffic, start flight, listen to ATC or watch AI traffic on Little Navmap

I always seem to have AI aircraft in the air, even though I’m turning Air Traffic off in the Flight Conditions dialog, unless I also set General Options / Traffic / Aircraft Traffic Type to Off.

That’s not working as intended, is it?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

After a bit more testing (and failing to reproduce the issue reliably with the steps I gave above) I’m thinking it might be related to having differing settings for “Aircraft Traffic Type” for “PC” and “VR”.

It seems possible that turning off “Air Traffic” in “Flight Conditions” is honored until the user switches to VR, only then is it overridden by “Aircraft Traffic Type” (VR).

My gut feeling is that the “Air Traffic” setting should still be honored, because the user expects to be able to turn off AI traffic for the whole session they’re about to start, not just for the part of the session that stays in the “mode” (PC vs. VR) they’re currently in when starting the flight.

On the other hand, it’s probably a fringe case that affects me because I always start the flight in pancake mode, and stay in it until I’ve set up W&B and fuel, only then I switch to VR.

Also, it’s easy to work around: just don’t rely on the setting in “Flight Conditions”, always use “General Options / Traffic” to control whether you want AI traffic, and, as a VR user, make sure you set it for “PC” and “VR”.

I’m no longer confident that this is a SU15 regression. It might be an issue we’ve had since the Traffic tab was split in “PC” and “VR” settings, but I didn’t notice because I never played around with the AI traffic settings like I did during SU15 testing: before SU15, I had turned them all off, because I was injecting AI using FSLTL.

Mods: maybe this should be moved to the VR section or maybe it should be closed. Fire at will.