Translate Cockpit Movement - HAT Switch

If you haven’t already, bind your hat switch to move you around in the cockpit. Its a game changer. I also mapped another axis on my throttle for up and down movement. You can slide your self all around and get some great angles, wing cams, you can even slide to the top of the plane and pretend you’re superman flying around. It makes sightseeing much better too. I also have a button mapped to reset me back in the cockpit quickly.

1 Like

Already done this long ago, having learnt it from using FSX and P3D with Flyinside as well as DCS World. I use a 4-way on the side of the throttle to move the view up, down, forward and back, then press it to return to the centre and one on the throttle grip to move the view left and right - as you say, it’s great to get just where you want your view to be.

This also means you can do away with cockpit views as you can use the hats to look closely anywhere you want to, quickly.

1 Like

Yes, I use the hat switch on my yoke as well. The only drawback that I have found is on those rare occasions when I play in flat screen I have to use the mouse or the keyboard to look around. It’s like I’ve programmed my yoke so well for VR that it’s no longer entirely compatible for flat screen simming. :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.