Tree Draw Distance Fix with WU4

Looks like it’s (the tree fix mod) working! :smile:

5 Likes

Out of the box or with the tree fix mod?

tree fix mod. sorry, should have said that. it’s the link above

The latest 3.0? Which distance setting? I tried 2.0 just for the heck of it but didn’t work too well.

Yes, Version 3.0. Normally I use, Bijan’s Trees, but I do like the look of the default trees. It’s the Trees_Distance_Draw_Fix(40-55) one (not the small trees version).

2 Likes

For the tree mod to work do trees need to be set to ultra? Or does a High setting work fine?

Not sure, mine are set to Ultra.

Have you tried the larger distanced versions? Any particular reason for this distance?

From the Readme, it says that there’s no visible popping…I’d like to prevent the popping if possible.

I assume the readme is now outdated due to the increased tree lod from this update. I’ll go ahead and try 50-75

3 Likes

Would be nice if you could report your findings back!

1 Like

Not gonna make any difference. I tried the first version of FSBlog’s tree mod without any luck.

1 Like

they said trees fix was related to a bug smaller trees size would reduce draw distance, reducing trees got shorter rendering distance. Also they said with later Sim update, it should doubled on distance, once optimization is finished from the 14 branch to allow more swapping\ fully memory optimization, it will get beyond Ultra setting word, not sure what they will called, maybe Ultra2\ Extreme. It’s all on latest Q@A.

2 Likes

Better but certainly not to the extent in OPs post. I’ll try the distance version they are using.

1 Like

I tried it too. I tried to fly in the same area. while I can honestly say that the trees don’t “pop,” it doesn’t look as good for some reason.

Yeah… something is different with that version for some reason. What airport/area are you taking those shots in?

Flying out of KASE and heading generally north.

just look for this river on the map. it’s a good mix of terrain.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.04.13 - 16.15.04.93

Edit: or just go to 4CO0 lol

Does this work with the Tree 4 seasons mod?

I believe Bijan’s mod has its own LOD settings built in. @V1ROTA7E I haven’t had a chance to test the 40-55 version, I’ll give it a whirl this evening