Tree Draw Distance / LOD Issues

Yes exactly. I really love flight sims so I saved for a long time and spent thousands of pounds on a new PC in order that I could really enjoy this new sim. I appreciate not everyone can afford to do this, but I saved up hard and it was at the expense of a lot of things other people would buy.

When I first got the sim, I was blown away, it looked superb, trees, and buildings, and textures at detail from a distance, trees as far away as I could see (with a fix downloaded), every flight was a wow moment. Then performance issues started coming in and people started complaining. Now I donā€™t get any wows it just doesnā€™t look anywhere near as good, trees only round the airplane, buildings just look like blocks, and the larger buildings stick out so much as grey blocks until you get close, the textures in the distance look all blurred.

OK great I now get 60+ fps everywhere, but I donā€™t want 60+ fps, I want the sim to look as good as it used to, and I want to be able to alter my settings to make it look amazing as long as I have 30 fps. I have everything on ULTRA and it just isnā€™t as good as it used to be, the visuals have absolutely been nerfed to give people more performance. Not acceptable in my opinion, feels like Iā€™ve wasted so much money now and could have stuck with previous sims, the only thing msfs did better than those is visuals, and that is just getting worse and worse with every update. So disappointing.

5 Likes

Iā€™m in the process of finding a solution to make side by side same screenshots from release version vs latest version so we can EXACTLY see what has truly changed, that is unless some of the changes are server side but I donā€™t think there is except for maybe the textures. This will also make sure weā€™re 0% biased by any previous wow factor.

If things are that much worse as we think they are, nothing will beat a screenshot to raise our point.

So if you have particular locations that are in your mind, please tell me.

2 Likes

Great stuff, Iā€™ll have a dig and see what I can contribute!

1 Like

Loading screen:

51Ā°05ā€™37.7"S 73Ā°44ā€™23.5"W

1 Like

It is a flightsim not a scenery sim so we beed to consider that too

Well, in that case. Here you go, should be fine. :wink:

16 Likes

LOLā€¦thatā€™s too funny!:100::rofl::rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Scenery and visuals are absolutely the only reason for using this game.

5 Likes

Let me correct you. It is a sim wannabe.

I have same experience as others. Many things are worse than before

I think the win-win solution is to provide the slider for tree draw distance on graphic settings, so the users can set any value they want.

This is what the Trees Setting is supposed to be doing alreadyā€¦

Instead of a slider, it is a pre-selection of LOW, MED, HIGH, ULTRA, and this is affecting both tree draw distance and tree object details

Yea, the tree, objects & road traffic draw distance is so much worse then it used to be. Needs to be changed back & improved on.

Do you have a specific version in mind? Cause I did a test lately of release (1.7.12.0) vs now and it turns out that tree range is only marginally shorter (that is, if you donā€™t use vegetation draw distance mod) but objects distance is actually a bit further away than it was on release, as for road traffic I didnā€™t test it out

Tree density seems a little too high and the in game graphics control does not seem to directly change this. (it changes quality rather than density)

Would reducing the density of foliage (incl trees) not be a workable way of improving performance that also allowed for a greater draw distance?

As long as there are modders loving and caring for flight simulation (and games in general) and a big motivated true-to-the-core modding community taking care of graphics quality, bug fixing and perfect life-like cockpit instrument realism - everything will become perfect.

One of the best posts I ever readed in the forum :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: for all those ones that says that graphics are not important

1 Like

All Iā€™m interested in is VR performance improvements

Maybe they can add these things back in a few years time or put them in an advanced options

They can name it something like ā€œUltraā€

3 Likes

There is still issue with the new patch 1.15.7.0, the vegetation isnā€™t draw far enough to be as fully immersive as with the old mod Vegetation Draw Distance Fix for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS.
Hoping this will be fix in future update!

9 Likes

even though Asobo increased the base drawdistance, they changed it so the mod doesnā€™t anymore. which leaves you with what you get from them. As the modder and myself stated, this mod didnā€™t cause a drop in fps AT ALL i wonder why they would change it to 5-7 miles distance?

2 Likes