Tree Draw Distance / LOD Issues

Yep, there were 0 fps drop with the mod at max distance draw, that’s why I’m so disappointed :frowning: there is no performance reason to reduce/block the max draw distance.

8 Likes

i wonder what the

was? maybe like:

lets see, the customers complain about reduced drawdistance, but can at least circumvent this with a mod, …ok, lets reduce it even more and make it unchangable by a mod.

5 Likes

Xbox!! They cant have the PC version of this sim blowing Xbox out of the water when it comes to the graphics. It would not make good business sense.

1 Like

this is my fear as well, and regarding on what Asobo claims and how they handeling this reduces visual fidelity, there isn’t much room to interpret it any differently.

If we’d consider FS a game I would disagree. Actually most games played on high end PCs would blow any console’s version of it out of the water.

Is there any update here? I quit flying because of this issue (trees only 1 mile around plane is just ridicule for 2021 game) but it seems nothing has changed even after thousands of criticism…

2 Likes

I think everyone made as much noise about it as possible but Asobo showed such great fortitude in staunchly ignoring the issue that people have now just resigned themselves to the fact that trees look rubbish and Asobo aren’t going to do jack about it.

7 Likes

Agreed. I recently bought IL-2 Sturmovik and it’s ridiculous how much better the trees look in a 2013 game than this nerfed-for-upcoming-Xbox-release flight sim.

4 Likes

Noticed this too… when I approach an island and think I can land there, I can’t… trees pop up :smirk_cat: voted +1

The issue is in there roadmap, we just have to keep this thread up and wait for a fix :slight_smile: I think they’ll do what it takes to fix it but it may take a while sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

Asobo do has this on the roadmap, though i wonder, in one of the changelogs past updates they stated the “tree issue” as fixed. They did increased it since the initial reduction, though before that you could at least increase it with the mod. Sadly as @wazitdoinnow said, i really do think almost nothing will change, but in the process please Asobo, proof me wrong.

I think we all just have to wait, I’m sure they are aware of it, it just takes time. Several fixes and improvements will be made - trees and terrain loading distance, slider for vegetation drawing distance, “beyond” Ultra graphics setting etc.
I know it’s irritating, I know they keep downgrading the graphics instead of improving them, but I’m patient :).

If you have VR IL2 is amazing. Yeah its a bit dated but man those cockpits are detailed and sharp. I wish FS2020 had the physics of IL2. The WW1 add on is really fun. A giant furball of wood and cloth planes. Such a great sim.

1 Like

nothing relating to this in the changelog as promised sadly

1 Like

Yep nothing on this one… but do not loose hope, it’ll be for the next :smiley:

It looks as if the drawing distance increased in 1.16.2.0

it did though not only since 1.16.2.0 but since 1.15. compared to 1.14 Groundtexture seems to have been improved?
comparison LOD200

1.14.5.0 with the TreeFix

1.16.2.0 with TreeFix (doesn’t work anymore AT ALL

1 Like

Not in my case. Check my post here: Discussion + Poll: Sim Update IV (1.16.2.0) - #355 by Topper1988

When the tree fix was working, I used to have trees rendered all the way up to the top of the mountain.

Disappointed to see SU4 hasn’t brought any improvement to this.

3 Likes

+1👍 Very dissappointing.

1 Like