Tree Draw Distance / LOD Issues

Yes, i’ve experienced this since release. Some areas it’s okay… Other areas look completely wrong. Smaller trees only appear when very close. In some parts even complete forest areas are invisible until you fly over them @ no more then 1000 feet. Buildings are not affected by this.

Strange thing is when you set the object LOD factor to more then 200, building distances get even better. But seems to have no effect/little effect on trees.

This is very unfortunate because some places look so flat/boring. Especially when you see a city full of dense autogen buildings but there’s no trees to make it green.

I know we’re destroying the planet with our exhaust gasses and everything… But i think asobo went a bit too far with this😅

7 Likes

Some more shots to compare with the loading screen. Really shows how things have obviously degraded:

Original:

Release:

2 Likes

This is a screenshot i made for another topic that was also related to the tree LOD’s. Here you can clearly see the difference in lod radius between autogem buildings and trees.

Look how flat everything in the distance looks. While there’s still many buildings visible.

1 Like

This where I shout again about the paucity of accurate vegetation - especially coconut palms (but palm trees in general, actually) - in various locations around the globe in this sim. I doubt it will ever get fixed.

1 Like

I suspect you are right sadly.

thread moved to bugs section so it can be upvoted if desired. I think this is a big issue, greatly impacting the visuals of the most common 3d objects in the world so please, upvote it!

some more images of the problem:

Please, upvote this!, trees are one of the greatest visuals in the sim. Thanks!

4 Likes

And now its even worse !!!

Can anyone find a way to manually adjust tree lod ?

2 Likes

agree, There are MANY places where trees look utterly bad:

and New Zealand looks horrible :frowning_face:

I just want to reply here with this attached image coming fresh from my sim and this is what i have to face… (while having a gamer PC plus an above average Internet speed). I mean seriously wtf this patch just changed the game…

1 Like

MS, bring it back like it was before! PLEASE!

4 Likes

it is even worse in the latest 1.8.3.0 :dizzy_face: :triumph:

2 Likes

Oh boy some of those screenshots look borderline FSXish. This is depressing…

Asobo please.

7 Likes

Yup same for me. Pop in, and reduced draw distance with same settings. Also water issues that I noticed laves drawn at sea level that didn’t used to be before. Will log it on zendesk.

3 Likes

Don’t want to derail… but where is that?

1 Like

Pictures are not mine so not sure, I think it was souht america but cant remember where exactly, sorry!

1 Like

I have this problem in new zealand too

1 Like

I’m in the middle of the countryside, the trees only load when the plane is above, on the horizon it’s completely empty and in low resolution. And that ends up making the soft crash, while there is nothing to display…

So I can’t consider this as an improvement of the FPS.

I’ve been working on the problem for 24 hours, I’ve found things to put my flight plan back in my MFD, put the online part back on, but I’m fed up with it.

Everything was fine before this patch, I had 56 hours of flight time and now it’s ruined my weekend.

I don’t understand the logic and how it can work for some people, it’s a bit of a joke.

1 Like

I have this over the Haast River in New Zealand:

Please, send report with this to Zendesk. You can also try to delete rolling cache and then turn it off completely.