Trees above the tree line

Just something that bothers me:

There shouldn’t be any trees around Point Barrow, AK. I know the game autogenerates trees, but there shouldn’t be any trees in the Arctic circle.

I agree, it should be a minor adjustment to restrict AI tree generation to below the arctic latitudes, and at specific altitudes, depending on the earth latitude (e.g. Andes 0’-10’, ~11,000 ft, Himalaya 29’-32’, 15,000 ft., Alps 42’ - 46’, 9000 ft., Lapland 68’ 2000 ft.)
tree-line altitude / latitude relationship

HELLO HELLO MS/Asobo…anybody home???
2 years later and all we hear on this is silence.

One of the biggest immersion killers, IMHO…
I’m flying over the Aleutian Islands and they are covered with trees, when in fact there are no trees on the Aleutians (except the very few planted by humans).

Please remove all trees above this line:

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Brief description of the issue:

Greenland is covered by trees (for example Kangerlussuaq area). In reality there are barely any trees on Grenland. This makes Greenland in the sim unrealistic, looking more like Norway.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

Kangerlussuaq

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

No special steps needed

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After Nordics and Greenland update. I don’t know how it was before the update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

First flight into Northern Canada. Scenery looks interesting in the distance but as soon as aircraft approaches it, it changes to a green spotted carpet with a repeating design. Even FSX was better than that. Nunavut area of Northern Quebec is almost all permafrost. No trees can grow there because the ground is frozen most of the year. MFSF has trees everywhere. Also in Papua New Guinea, there are way too many trees everywhere. There are very few trees, mostly grass and dirt, on these high mountain airstrips. You guys have way overdone it with these trees.

This goes for Greenland as well. Very weird to take off from Nuuk BGGH and seeing trees every. Generally, there are no trees in Greenland in the real world.

There are trees in Lapland in scandinavia, above arctic circle realistically.

My 2 cents

Tero