Trees not spawning/ desappearing when getting close since AAU2

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Not related

Brief description of the issue:

Since the new update trees tend not to spawn in various places around the world. Sometimes it’s just little areas sometimes there is no tree at all except 1 or 2 in some spots. When reloading trees can be back but not all time. I have even seen trees despawn when getting close

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

all around the world

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

just look around for some missing trees

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU 2

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Here is a screenshot

Can you check your “Data” settings under options, and make sure you have everything there turned on. Also check your graphics settings are what they should be.

1 Like

Thanks but I am on Xbox so graphic settings can’t be modified.
As for the data settings everything is ok

1 Like

Does it happen anywhere in the world?

Actually, what happens if you visit a city with photogrammetry? London or New York for example.

1 Like

in a city with photogrammetry the trees which are not generated by the sim are there as they are considered the same as photogrammetric buildings.
Yes the bug can appear anywhere but not always in the same area

I just wanted to test if it was all ground scenery that was affected but it doesn’t sounds like it, just autogen trees. I have no idea why that would be.

Sorry I can’t be any more help.

1 Like

no problem, thanks for helping

1 Like

I just found this thread, but I think its rather PC centric. It mentions removing the “content.xml” file, which if it exists on XBox you can’t touch.

It also mentions clearing the rolling cache, and even going so far as re-installing the sim.

1 Like

Well yeah I can’t touch the files but I think it is somehow related to LODs

this was an issue of new scenery files while the old ones were still in the cache - anyhow I do not use rolling cache since then … deleting the cache is always a good tip before updating

1 Like