Trinidad GT21 (Lionheart) - Cold & Dark - How?

Hello there

OK - this is the first Aircraft I’m not able to start…

First I tried “the usual way” - props turn a bit - then nothing
Second I try out with the ingame checklist - same result

This is what I do:

1. Main Switch (Battery) ON
  2. Open Fuel Valve
  3. Mixture and Props to rich
  4. Throttle up a tad
  5. Fuel Pump ON
  6. Magneto’s turn to start

It will start up and stop a fiew seconds later. It will of course work if I use CTRL+E but who does that ^^.

Any idea what I’m missing out here?

best
Merlin

1 Like

Start in a parking spot not at runway.

I do that :slight_smile: - I can start up dozens of GA aircraft - just not this one…

Also - my problem is NOT that everything is running - I know I have to start on the parkinglot to get it cold & dark to start with. Why do you say “start in a parking spot”? That seems completely unrelated no?
Or am I missing something?

Yes correct parking spot or parkinglot I believe it is he same. I have the Trinidad andj it appears cold and dark when I use it starting from parking. I don’t know what could be wrong with yours.

OK - look - the aircraft is cold and dark too. This is not my problem…

My problem is: I cannot get it to start up propperly.

Can you tell me maybe the steps you do from C&D until the engine is running? Because in my case the engine starts, runs and stops after 2 - 3 seconds…

Sorry I thought you were asking how to place it cold and dark. I had problems the first time and it was the fuel valve. It has a quirky design. The valve is unlike others. The pointy part is not what selects the fuel tank but instead the rounded edge.

:slight_smile: no prob! Yes - at first I also did the fuel valve thingie wrong. Then I started her CTRL+E to check the settings and now that I know - I’m setting it the right way. But it is still not working.

There is a strange thing I noticed: The aircraft is fully fuelled up. When I look at the fuel gauge in the plane however, it shows red (maybe empty? not sure - I can see both tanks a red bar that indicates at least “very low” level.

I start to wonder if this is the issue. I made sure the plane is fully fuelled up - and it also shows in 3rd-person that the tank is full. Only the gauge is not. But maybe that’s not the issue I have.

I wonder what I am doing wrong. Could you maybe tell me your steps you do to start up the engine?

I think I have a fix for your problem. Take at look at the fuel selector. It looks like it’s pointing at the right tank. But in reality it isn’t. It’s actually pointing to the OFF position. The blunt end, not the pointy end of the selector is actually where the selector is pointing. So if you adjust the fuel selector clockwise, the blunt end should be pointing at the left tank, and you can continue your startup as per the usual procedure. It worked for me!

Hi GSPAV1
I am aware of the somewhat unclear fuel valve issue and can confirm that it is set correctly - blunt end to left (or right) tank.

I tried many times - once I was able to have the engine started - but was never again able to repeat it.

Can you tell me your steps to start the engine?

Are you using any 3rd party Livery for that aircraft, that was not included in the original package? try to use a original livery and deleting or moving the 3rd party liveries. Maybe that helps. That your ingame Fuel is not the same as in the gauges points to a faulty panel.cfg or something like that.

Yes I don’t think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like a conflict with something or maybe delete and reinstall.

Hi Jay :slight_smile: - thanks for jumping in! Love your vid’s!

No - I am not using any 3rd party liveries. I also just emptied my Community-Folder to make sure nothing is “in the way”.
Still not working.

The gauges I mean are the ones just above the center console (Avionics Suite)…

Say - can you maybe give the steps you are doing for startup? I might be doing something wrong here no?

Thanks for tuning in mate!

1 Like

Übrigens Jay - ich guck grad Deinen Clip Socata Trinidad TB21 GT & ORBX Cityscape Sydney Scenery ★ Microsoft FLIGHT SIMULATOR - YouTube - dort sehe ich, dass diese Gauge bei Dir auch auf “rot” steht. Ich glaub das sind nur statische Bilder - keine echten Gauges.
Ich schau jetzt mal wie Du sie startest :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK - I de-installed and re-installed the plane again and did all the steps you did in the video Socata Trinidad TB21 GT & ORBX Cityscape Sydney Scenery ★ Microsoft FLIGHT SIMULATOR - YouTube but for me - no way - the engine starts, stutters and stops.

I have many prop-planes and never had such issues - they all work very well - but here - no chance.

Any idea?

I’ve been following the checklist mostly. But the engine seems to start no matter what, so long as you have the mixture set right and the propeller in full forward position. One possibility - are you at a high-altitude airport? If so, you might want to lean the mixture accordingly before starting up.

Hmm - I am at KSEZ (Sedona - USA - the tutorial airport - because it’s pretty lol). But that is not high altitude…

At this point I don’t know what to do… Maybe I will ask for a refund…

So, because this issue is really frustrating, I decided to give the Carenado M20 R Ovation a shot.

Because it has really good reviews etc.

Install - launch - try to open the fuel tank - nothing.

FML at this point I think it’s pointless :confused:

I just tried the Trinidad at Sedona to make sure it starts with full rich mixture. No problems there. Don’t sweat it with the Mooney right now – Carenado haven’t gotten round to fixing it since the Sim Update 5 debacle. This may not be their fault as Asobo apparently changed some of the code that enabled their stuff to work, but I’d have thought they would have got their act together by now!

Give us a screen shot of your instrument

panel. You have fuel, one post mentioned it was low.

Edit: I had another aircraft that stalled the engine at Sedona - So pull back on the mixture a bit.
Also apply a bit more throttle after starting, to keep the MP up and rpm

OK - I tried to start at my place - 600m ASL - same issue - it’s not the altitude.

The thing is: very rarely it works - but I cannot reproduce it - so I am badly in need of a good “step-by-step” - I assume it’s me but I don’t know where I’m failing