Trivia: Why do many A321s have the Number 2 Written on Wing Flaps?

This question comes up from time to time, but I haven’t been able to find an answer.

Why do many A321s have the number 2 written on the wing flaps? I can’t find a pic, but almost any Youtube video I’ve seen that includes the wingview during landing has them.

Does anyone in here know by chance?


I believe those are not "2"s but rather sling attachment points. Probably used during airframe inspection or maintenance where the flap must be removed. I am not certain however.

Can you provide a picture maybe?

You may be seeing the the tethering brackets for the over-wing emergency exit slides.

Edited the post.

He is referring to this:

1 Like

Looks more like a hook than a 2.

1 Like

Ah, I see now. Looks like maintenance panel indicators for the a321 secondary flap track fairings.

You can see the plastic cap, protecting a thread to put in a hook above the placard. It is not to lift up the aircraft, it must be for the flap removal, installation process.


Always the one with the pictures to the rescue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.