True black night sky

We currently only have a low rez backdrop image. Maybe higher resolutions and sprinkling stars are too heavy on the system?

which background image ?

Can you explain the wish bit more exact ?

Check your monitor settings as my sky currently is very black! :joy:

1 Like

Can only be truly checked away from major cities, best observed over the ocean due to light pollution. The sky seems to be a globe shaped wallpaper superimposed onto the earth with low resolution stars in which the earth or the wallpaper itself rotates, with two exceptions, sun and moon.

Also depends somewhat on what sort of monitor you have. OLED monitors are better at displaying true blacks.

The relatively low res wallpaper will be for performance reasons. Maybe as the sim progresses its something they’ll look into increasing the resolution of.

hmm… not sure… you can may be collect some screenshots :slight_smile:

I fly in 3840x1600 and it looks not like low-res , may be thats different in other resolutions or I have different thing in mind.

Yeah no OLED here but i think FSX had better stars, not sure though. This isn’t Elite Dangerous so i am not expecting a 3d universe.

Oh dear, zoom is the culprit. In the outside drone view the sky was ok. In the cockpit i use 0.65 zoom which makes things look realistically sized on a 30 inch monitor (1080p). Since the sky is just a photo it had to have that effect, lol. Gotta live with it then. Btw, it is the same sky you can see behind the preflight globe map. You can even see gasclouds which prevents the image from being much darker.