Turbine helicopters in MSFS2024

In the MSFS2024 trailers we have seen the Airbus H125 and the Erickson S64 Air Crane, both turbine driven helicopters. Jorg said in the latest Q&A that the H125 has been developed by Asobo, and the Aircrane is from Blackbird (former Milviz).

I am really intrigued by the decision to develop a new H125 internally instead of sourcing the existing Cowansim H125. This is not meant in anyway against Cowansim! But it might mean that Asobo will fundamentally improve turbine helicopter support in the core sim.

When Asobo first introduced helicopters in SU11, Seb (Sebastian Wloch, CEO of Asobo) personally invested a lot of time in getting the piston helicopter model, and the Cabri G2 as its first example, right. But they outsourced the first turbine helicopter, the Bell 407, to Nemeth Designs. And since then, turbine modeling always seemed to be lacking, with torque and temperatures being far from realistic despite efforts from 3rd party devs.

Anyway, I just hope that Seb has a lot of fun in a real world H125 and we will all benefit from improved turbine helicopter simulation in the core sim :smiley:

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Agi R66! I was hoping that CS was helping with the 125 as well. Or at least HPG…

I’m happy to have a non-Cowansim H125, Cowansim really contributed very little to the product after its release, the Cowan helis have no SAS, no AP and the flight model is very suspect. I really don’t like their approach and their graphics are also lacking, models are not very high res and textures are subpar compared to other models.

1 Like