Turbo Engine Condition Lever

Oddly enough I have just been playing with this again. The only way I could get feather to work was like this:

“GENERAL ENG PROPELLER LEVEL POSITION:1” is a value from “100” to “0”. When my prop lever is all the way back at “0”, this triggers the event below to send “PROP_PITCH1_DECR” by the value “25”. This sets the first value to “-25” which is impossible with the axis. “Sets” don’t seem to work at all, only INCR/DECR. For example, I played with setting the trim wheel to increment, and decrement that value by “1”, and was able to sweep between “100” to “-25” at will. This was the only way I could get it to work wit the prop axis. For some reason the “Repeat” is needed as sometimes this value does not get set. Fortunately this does not cause endless SimConnect events to be sent as it only occurs when it hits “0”, then as soon as it gets set to “-25”, the prop is feather, and the event is no long triggered.

It’s ugly, but it works.

And if you fancy letting SPAD control the axis itself rather than the sim, this seems to work also. I’m not 100% certain I fully understand how the scaling works as this looks really odd, but it works perfectly well. The values were obtained by educated guesswork, watching one of my radio panels that was set to display the prop position from the “100 to -25” range.

1 Like