Turning Add On Scenery On and Off?

Is there a way to turn add on scenery on and off? I remember in FSX we could do that. I want to compare a scenery to the default, but don’t want to remove it. I just want to disable it, fly up and look around, and then turn it back on, fly up and look around. I looked in the Content Manager and did not see a way to do that.

You could just make a new folder somewhere put all the files you don’t want in there then just copy and paste into the community folder.
I think someone is working on a program to do what your asking at flightsim.to

That will work if there is no other way. Thanks.
I want to temporarily turn off some payware that is not in the Community folder, but I found it in the official packages.

It would be nice if Content Manager had an “Enable / Disable” radio button.

Sorry yeah I forgot non community add-ons go in with the main sim files.

NP. I knew what you meant. I made a folder like you said and moved the scenery out to it. In fact, I will probably moving everything I am not using out to the Scenery Holding folder. I tend to fly an area for a while and then move on. Under the Scenery Holding Folder, I am made sub folders for Main (Official) and Community so I could remember where things went.

You can use sth like Nexus Mod manager

Get this free program. Be sure to Like it so the author knows it’s appreciated.

What it allows you to do is keep your addons outside the Community folder, organized into sub-folders as you like, and enable / disable them with a mouse click.

You can also set presets so that, like, maybe you’re flying in England so you don’t need scenery elsewhere in the world loading. Otherwise, as you add more scenery, it’ll take longer and longer to get to the main menu.

What the program does, when you enable an addon, is create a symbolic link to it in the community folder. When you disable one it deletes the link. So far as msfs is concerned, when an addon is active, it “thinks,” that it is in the Community folder.

It, and programs like it, are must haves for games like this.

2 Likes

Thank you JELB4370 for this information. I am downloading MSFS Linker now!

1 Like

You’re welcome. It’s great.

There’s a similar program that I think does the same thing with symbolic links. I haven’t tried it. It looks slicker but this program does what I want so I haven’t bothered trying its alternative.