Turning Heading Knob Very Difficult in VR in the TBM

I don’t know what it’s like in other aircraft but turning the heading knob with the mouse is very difficult. I would expect a turning arrow like the altitude knob but you have to find the exact “sweet spot” to click to either turn the knob clockwise or counter CW.

1 Like

Have you tried the “lock” interaction system? Click anywhere on the knob and hold, then move the mouse left/right to adjust.

Disclaimer: I don’t play in VR, but based on the post it looks like the interaction works the same in 2D and VR.

1 Like

I’ll try that. Thanks. I just hope it isn’t part of that new lock interconnect feature added recently because I had to turn that off to get my aircraft controllable.

Or go somewhere over the knob and use the mousewheel.

Setting the knobs in the 787 is difficult, ob, but with the TBM930 I have no problems so far.

In VR, of course.

But I am waiting for this toy now:

Is named axair easy and if it does what it promise all my control sorrows are gone.

Very little info out there but I give it a try because thats what would built, if I could :wink:

Thanks. Wow, using that mouse wheel for knobs is a new one for me. I’m finding out VR ain’t just plug and play. I’m learning a whole lot of new things to fly with VR.

As it has been said, I’d give the lock interaction system another chance. I’ve turned it off right after it was released with SU5 because I thought the legacy system was good and I did not want the buttons to light up. But after a while I just tried it again and stayed with it, because operating the rotary knobs is just so much easier. Another advantage is that if the button goes off screen when you turn your head, you can still operate it using the lock system, unlike the legacy system where you can’t interact with a button that’s off screen.

1 Like

Yes the mouse wheel can be used in various places, most rotary items like heading bug or radio tuning and quite often for multi position flip switches.

As another assistance whilst using VR check out VoiceAttack, quite simply it uses voice recognition to turn your spoken keywords or phrases into button presses. I find it useful for interacting with the sim to do things like switch in/out of VR, recenter the VR view, switch between external/internal views etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.