Turtle Beach velocity one trim wheel stuck nose down

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

I don’t have any paid mod or add-ons

Brief description of the issue:

The pitch trim wheel on the velocity, one stuck in nose down today. I tried with many airplanes, but it was stuck nose down No matter where I would fly, and no matter which aircraft I would fly.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I tried with many aircraft, and I also tried many sensitivities set up for the trim wheel on the velocity one. I also reset the sensitivity on the trim wheel axis. It didn’t change anything.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox series X and I’m part of the stability test on Xbox so I have the latest update.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: I did close the game entirely to make sure the Xbox would not use the quick resume and everything went back to normal, but it still happens from times to times randomly.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have it assigned to one of the hat switches. Up for nose up, and down for nose down. I find it that the trim wheel tends to jerk the autopilot around depending on where it’s at after pausing and unpausing.

That’s right. That’s what I should also do. But one of the main reason why I bought the velocity one was the attractive trim wheel, so it kind of ruin all the purpose of it.

There is a bug where the trim wheel goes full down periodically. It was thought to be caused by the TB rudder pedals, as that’s when mine started. I had no issues when I was using the TFRP’s(slaved to the HOTAS sitting on the floor). Do you have their pedals?

Before starting MSFS, put the yoke in training mode and see if it is to an extreme, and adjust it to center. It will still periodically do this with NO rhyme or reason, to the point where I immediately hit active pause and correct it. I keep the hud open to see what the trim is at. In normal operation, the game keeps track of this as a +/-100% axis. When the BUG hits, it moves it completely and you have to wheel back to 0.

Each developer bakes in a default trim, could be their '‘takeoff’ trim or zeroed out or just somewhere with no sense. Make sure you sync up before starting/taking off by moving the wheel. The HUD is critical for this or you have no idea where the trim is. The Kodiak starts with ~-38% or so for T/O and your wheel can be at +15%, you’ll find out the first time you touch it, so touch it on the ground.

I have the TB flightstick as well, and still use the yoke’s throttle quadrant. I am going to link the rudders to the stick and try again(even when using the yoke). Supposedly this stops this current bug.

Even when it is working, when in AP it will behave a bit differently for each aircraft. It is on a scale even with infinite movement. In some aircraft it ‘saves’ this state when AP is adjusting trim-hence a huge difference when disengaging AP, and others it near matches it back up. It varies quite a bit:

For the BN2 islander, I typically wiggle the trim before disengaging and it matches right up. About half the aircraft just need a wiggle, typically most are steam cockpits of all stripes(IIRC).

For the Kodiak(and many modern glass aircraft), the plane does not fly in any really high setting of trim, so say it’s cruising at -3% trim and you engaged it at 5% positive trim on a climb, the difference will be there. If you GENTLY MOVE THE TRIM WHEEL, you can move the wheel until see the two numbers match up before disengaging AP. You’ll see the numbers jump around then a large gap where it just says -3% where AP had it and voila, it’s all matched up on disengagement. I don’t think that plane flies on AP beyond 5-7% +/- unless you have flaps down in AP. Everyone complains about disengaging AP on that particular aircraft for some reason.

A few others, like the SR22T can run very high levels of negative trim and moving the wheel to ‘match’ can even knock it out of AP. It has electric trim IRL, it is modeled particularly well, so I use the Flightstick with electric trim and use the V1 quad with the trim wheel bindings disabled. Something like the Beaver when forced to higher speeds it gets tail high, but in a small range (from 120-140 is huge for that aircraft) it gets to -25% or more but you can wiggle the wheel a bit, back off the throttle slightly and you just expect some missmatch but it’s not bad.

I just said of AP in another thread, regardless of how any of it is equipped and ‘supposed’ to work, every single aircraft in MSFS has it’s own ‘personality’ when it comes to systems modeling. You just get used to their quirks. Obviously we do not have a servo-operated trim wheel matching inputs. Some have worked voodoo into their models where it doesn’t matter, and others follow the exact placement of the wheel and AP as to completely different variables.

Also, for your trim wheel saved control profiles, go back and search for TRIM and disable every other single binding for elevator trim-keyboard/controller/etc so only the trim wheel is bound to trim.

The bug that moves the trim full forward instantly-I am not sure what is causing it but it definitely registers in the training screen that the wheel value itself is in fact moved to -100%

Since racing wheels have servos, you think it would be easy to put one in the trim wheel….but alas…

That’s a good idea. I’m gonna check for Other bindings for the trim I’m gonna check it out in the training screen,

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Similar issue except happens 100% of time for me. New Flight Stick, PC mode, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 40th Anniv. Attempt takeoff in Cessna 152, before reaching V1 the nose goes full up even when hands off the stick. Initial setting for trim makes no difference.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: I did close the game entirely to make sure the Xbox would not use the quick resume and everything went back to normal, but it still happens from times to times randomly.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: